Re: 26K strike event

    Message 1 of 2 , May 12 5:18 PM
      --- In methanehydrateclub@yahoogroups.com, mike@u... wrote:
      > over US as seen on http://www.lightningstorm.com .

      Wow! The eastern third of the US is being hit pretty good, isn't it?
      I'm not complaining. We need the rain.

      I remember well last summer when I rented a Cessna 172 for a flight
      from Florence to Savannah and back. On the way back, the Stormscope
      started showing lightning strikes to the north of Florence. I kept
      praying that the lightning wouldn't get inside of the 20 mile range
      ring. Thankfully, it didn't. *whew!*