26K strike event

  • mike@usinter.net
    Message 1 of 2 , May 12, 2004
      over US as seen on http://www.lightningstorm.com .
      Message 2 of 2 , May 12, 2004
        --- In methanehydrateclub@yahoogroups.com, mike@u... wrote:
        > over US as seen on http://www.lightningstorm.com .

        Wow! The eastern third of the US is being hit pretty good, isn't it?
        I'm not complaining. We need the rain.

        I remember well last summer when I rented a Cessna 172 for a flight
        from Florence to Savannah and back. On the way back, the Stormscope
        started showing lightning strikes to the north of Florence. I kept
        praying that the lightning wouldn't get inside of the 20 mile range
        ring. Thankfully, it didn't. *whew!*