    Message 1 of 1 , May 1, 2004
      I think the CME from the C-3 flare I talked about earlier has come and
      gone. I did see the solar wind density spike, although the speed rose
      only mildly. There wasn't anything in the way of geomagnetic activity
      to mark the event. There is a coronal hole that is rotating into an
      Earth pointing position. As coronal holes go, it's medium-sized. It
      is also straddling the solar equator, so we should see some solar wind
      gusts from it. Look for them to arrive on or about May 3rd. There
      are two numbered sunspot regions visible tonight. One of them, region
      601, has shown some signs of activity, and is growing. The background
      X-ray flux has risen, and region 601 came close to making the
      significant flare generating category by firing off a C-9 event on the
      1st. This sunspot region bears watching in the days ahead.

      NOSS sunspot number : 65

      IMF Orientation : 2.3 nT North

      Solar activity is expected to remain low. There is an increased chance
      for an isolated M-class x-ray event.

      Geomagnetic activity forecast :
      The geomagnetic field is expected to remain at unsettled to active
      levels for the rest of 01 May. By 02 and 03 May, a high-speed solar
      wind stream associated with a coronal hole is expected to intersect
      the Earth's magnetic field. Activity should increase to minor storming
      late on 02 May and into early 03 May, dropping back down to active
      levels by 04 May as the high-speed stream passes.