Re: alternatives & SOHO

    Message 1 of 10 , Apr 23 2:25 PM
      As you've found, SOHO has had experienced two ESR (Emergency Sun
      Reacquisition) events. At this time, there isn't any scientific data
      being returned from SOHO.

      > Even if hydrogen were to come into wide useage
      > > tomorrow, the current technology for manufacturing hydrogen on a large
      > > scale requires fossil fuel.
      >
      > There are other ways. In LA there is a bus company which makes
      hydrogen from solar a
      > solar array right at the pump station. There is an algae research
      farm that efficiently
      > makes hydrogen.

      That's great! Like I've said...I don't mean to imply that the current
      state of affairs is the best way, or that it can't be improved upon.
      The technologies you've mentioned are all potentially viable
      alternatives. In time, I have no doubt they will come into wider use.
      However, it will take time, and during that time, oil is still the
      fuel that drives the machines of industry, manufacturing, and
      transportation.