Re: Ground cables and EMF from ocean cur

  • Pawnfart
    Message 1 of 702 , Aug 9, 2001
      Sorry I couldn't get back to you
      sooner.<br><br>Maxwell's equations state that anelectric charge gives rise
      to electric fields, a changing electric field
      creates magnetic fields, and a changing magnetic field
      creates electric fields. Electricity and magnetism are
      just two sides of the same coin, and if you specify
      all the electric charges and how they're moving, you
      can calculate all the fields (and hence, all the
      forces). Hence, assuming there are very strong voltages in
      the atmosphere, then earth's magnetic field value for
      the magnetic field on the surface, say, of the Gulf
      Stream ABOVE the cables measuring that microvolt is
      wrong because you merely use the strength of the
      overall earth's magnetic field and not any of the fields
      created by what is going on in the air, and so is your
      current calculations are off as well.<br><br>The
      observational data is very strong--more negative lightning
      strikes. Further, there is Lindzen's data, although
      misleading and all of that, once we start seeing the
      mechanism involved, the fact that his data excludes El Nino
      and biological activity is GOOD as a sort of
      control.<br><br>Anyway, no matter what the voltages are at the bottom of
      the oceans where the cables were laid, and what low
      levels of induction they measured, <br>they were
      relative in all likelihood to merely the field of the
      earth. On the surface, OTOH, there is a very big problem
      with 1)flaring and 2) <br>all the other electrical
      forces (I have seen 700 page books). The given constant
      here, however, is a moving conductor and biology that
      lives <br>inside it that has resistive properties. The
      involved in the induction is wrong. But <br>the very fact
      that there are large voltages in the air changes the
      magnetic field and intensifies it, even if we don't know
      it what <br>direction. Yet we also know things like
      convection and lightning strikes <br>are correlated. And
      since we are seeing this convection over these western
      parts of gyres, and over west moving currents, it seems
      to me <br>that there is a feedback mechanism going
      on. <br><br>Ekman's drift. This too is significant if
      we are <br>talking about electrical currents making
      electrical fields which in turn make electrical
      currents--dynamically within the moving conducter of the moving
      currents. So when a lightning strikes, it changes the field
      strength and ultimately the direction and scope of low
      frequancy wide area charges as that charge gets
      distributed! The ocean currents matter!<br><br>And I again
      point to Lindzen's paper, because the data there is
      pretty solid. Sure there is ambiant winds moving the
      cirrus about and all, but <br>there is a clear pattern
      that colder currents, that happen to be moving WEST,
      enhanced cirrus clouds. Until I see any kind of rational
      arguement explaining this, I will go with my theory, and
      build on it circumstantially, bit by bit.
      Message 702 of 702 , Mar 1, 2002
        On Feb 28th, the Interplanetary Magnetic Field
        swung to a strong south-pointing orientation. That,
        coupled with an elevated solar wind speed and density,
        triggered a G-1 class geomagnetic storm. The result was
        some high latitude aurora. See this link for a
        photgraph of aurora observed over Quebec :
        namely 9839, 9842, and 9845, that appear to be capable
        of producing M-class flares. Regions 9839 and 9842
        are close to rotating out of view over the western
        limb of the solar disk. Sunspot region 9845, however,
        is close to the sun's central meridian. A rather
        large coronal hole is also approaching the sun's
        central meridian, and coming into an Earth-pointing
        position. High speed colar wind gusts are likely around the
        first of next week.<br><br>The current solar and
        geomagnetic conditions are :<br><br>NOAA sunspot number :
        wind speed : 372.3 km/sec<br>Solar wind density : 4.4
        the last 24 hours : <br>Solar activity was low. The
        geomagnetic field was quiet to unsettled. Stratwarm Alert
        exists Friday.<br><br>Forecast for the next 24 hours
        :<br>Solar activity will be low to moderate. The geomagnetic
        field will be quiet to unsettled.<br><br>Solar Activity
        Forecast :<br>Solar activity is expected to be low to
        moderate for the next three days. Region 9845 is a
        possible source for isolated M-class
        is expected to be mainly quiet to unsettled, until
        the onset of high speed stream effects from a
        recurrent coronal hole begin to develop by day three of the
        forecast period. Isolated active conditions are
        anticipated thereafter.<br><br>Recent significant solar flare
        activity :<br>None