    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 29, 2004
      ** Aurora Watch In Effect **

      The solar wind speed has dropped significantly from my last report,
      but is still high. Therefore, an aurora watch remains in effect. G-1
      geomagnetic storm conditions have been observed within the last 24
      hours, although it was only a brief event. The elevated solar wind
      speed is expected to last for the next 24 hours before returning to a
      more normal level. Currently, there are five numbered sunspot regions
      visible. Of the group, region 582 appears to have the best chace of
      generating a significant flare. While region 582 hasn't generated a
      significant flare since the 26th, it did let loose several mid to high
      level C-class flares today, and the background X-ray flux is rising.
      I wouldn't be surprised if at least one more M-class flare is recorded
      before region 582 rotates out of view.

      IMF Orientation : 2.1 nT North

      Space weather for the next 24 hours is expected to be minor. Radio
      blackouts reaching the R1 level are expected.

      Solar activity forecast :
      Solar activity is expected to be mostly low. There is a chance,
      however, for an isolated M-class flare from Region 582 during the next
      three days (30 March - 1 April).

      Geomagnetic activity forecast :
      The geomagnetic field is expected to be unsettled with a slight chance
      for an active period during the next 24 hours (30 March). Conditions
      should decline to quiet to unsettled for the second and third days (31
      March - 1 April) as the solar wind returns to nominal conditions.