Re: what's heading for the sun?

  • mike@usinter.net
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 27, 2004
      I don't know, but I can't wait for B-1's report, because after a lull
      is the best time for signal noise events, and there was a hurricane
      in the South Atlantic and a landfalling cat 4 to Oz--big time
      electrical events.

      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 27, 2004
        --- In methanehydrateclub@yahoogroups.com, XK SAZ <group@s...> wrote:
        > Did you see that wierd light streak with a tail heading for the sun
        > in the coronameter pics today?
        > What is that? I can't find a duplicate picture of it on the SOHO
        > website, its only on my screensaver for 2004/03/26 at 18:25

        I don't think it's anything heading for the sun. Comets sometimes
        look similar to that, but they last for more than one image. It's
        probably a cosmic ray strike on the imager.