what's heading for the sun?

  • XK SAZ
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 26, 2004
      Did you see that wierd light streak with a tail heading for the sun
      in the coronameter pics today?
      What is that? I can't find a duplicate picture of it on the SOHO
      website, its only on my screensaver for 2004/03/26 at 18:25
    • mike@usinter.net
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 27, 2004
        I don't know, but I can't wait for B-1's report, because after a lull
        is the best time for signal noise events, and there was a hurricane
        in the South Atlantic and a landfalling cat 4 to Oz--big time
        electrical events.

        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 27, 2004
          --- In methanehydrateclub@yahoogroups.com, XK SAZ <group@s...> wrote:
          > Did you see that wierd light streak with a tail heading for the sun
          > in the coronameter pics today?
          > What is that? I can't find a duplicate picture of it on the SOHO
          > website, its only on my screensaver for 2004/03/26 at 18:25

          I don't think it's anything heading for the sun. Comets sometimes
          look similar to that, but they last for more than one image. It's
          probably a cosmic ray strike on the imager.