Solar activity Report for 3/23/03

    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 23, 2004
      If you're tired or drowsy, you might not want to read this report, as
      it may put you to sleep. BOOOOORING! There just isn't much happening
      right now, and there doesn't seem to be anything major coming. There
      are three numbered sunspot regions visible. Two of them, namely
      regions 574 and 578, do have at least a small potential for producing
      an M-class flare. There is a small coronal hole coming into view, and
      we could see some mild solar wind gusts from it along about the 27th.

      Solar wind speed : 372.4 kn/sec

      IMF Orientation : 2.5 nT North

      Solar activity is expected to continue low.

      Geomagnetic activity forecast :
      The geomagnetic field is expected to persist at quiet to unsettled
      levels throughout the interval.

    • mike@usinter.net
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 25, 2004
        No news still is very informing. We have a front headed here for the
        first time in awhile and I hope for rain on my pecans I put into the
        ground last month. Looks like we won't get the solar push to the
        storm. There has been a VERY VERY large algae patch along the
        California coast I have been monitoring with respect to a positive
        SOI (El Nino wind). Hot and dry.

        Never say your posts are boring.