Rare Tropical Storm in S. Atlantic

  • mike@usinter.net
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 11, 2004
      http://manati.wwb.noaa.gov/qscat_archive21/QS2004019/zooms/WMBds27.png

      On 19 January 2004 another cyclonic circulation developed in the
      South Atlantic Ocean just east of Salvador, Brazil. Satellite images
      and scatterometer winds (indicating tropical storm strength) are
      presented below. Here is satellite pictures of the second tropical
      cyclone to ever form in the south Atlatnic ocean!

      http://www.met-
      office.gov.uk/sec2/sec2cyclone/tcimages/Misc/jan2004sat.gif

      What needs to be appreciated about the IR and visable shots is the
      half circle of dots of clouds around the storm--this is where it gets
      its electrical pattern from--the charge separations of convection
      make the ionosphere around the storm relatively positive. Plus it is
      in the form of a "wave" in that the ITCZ extends to Africa, where
      there is also convection in particular on the terresphere.

      Here where there is more information:

      http://www.met-office.gov.uk/sec2/sec2cyclone/tcimages/Misc/

      There was a good solar wind event, as David points out here, that day
      and the days preceeding it:

      Bio link? Yep:

      http://earthobservatory.nasa.gov/NaturalHazards/natural_hazards_v2.php
      3?img_id=11913

      South of the storm, a good algae bloom occurred and was seen on sat
      three days before the storm. Because of the counter current there,
      the circumpolar which normally inducts against cirrus production by
      its direction and orientation of the earth EMF, anomaly warm air
      temperatures and melting bergs have been seen. Again, algae is more
      conductive than the oceans because in order to maintain hydrostatic
      pressure by osmosis, the algae must be more ionized then the ocean
      the creatures are contained in.

      "http://www.john-daly.com/soi-mnth.gif

      Note the SOI on the 19th swinging positive to negative. This is
      something you see with big electrical events in the Atlantic as it
      impacts the SOI. In fact, it qued the small negative readings we saw
      at the end of the month. I suspect more effect then cause on the SOI
      as this is a big electro mechanical event--a storm this size.

      Steve MacDonald actually pointed out the storm to me in one of his
      moon gravity wave presentations about a month ago, but I didn't know
      that this was an actual tropical storm. The gravity wave began in
      the South Pacific and actually was headed toward the southern tip of
      S. America and then went northeast over Southern South America until
      it went right over the area of the tropical storm. My view is once
      over the S. Atlantic the gravity wave caused a gas exchange increase
      in conductivity relative to the ITCZ and you got the convection of
      the ITCZ to support, electrically, an electrical pattern of this
      magnetude. I wish I had the actual pictures from Steve MacDonald to
      link for the fair reader, because you cannot meaningfully see the
      overlay of gravity wave (moon position) and cloud behavior, knowing
      it is all about capacitive coupling and displacement currents, and
      not see that something is going on there. Once the gravity wave was
      over on the S. Atlantic side--boom. The cloud mass exploded. Now, I
      realize I think and understand way better than I write this, but the
      roiling gas exchanges from the gravity wave from the moon isn't going
      to do anything over land--as the land isn't stirred by the moon to
      cause a gas exchange change in conductitivy--so it is really
      interesting that once the moon's gravity wave substantially crossed
      over South America--that's when the cloud explosion occurred.