Re: Gas on Ice

  • mike@usinter.net
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 2, 2004
      Comment below:

      > > The earth EMF is decreasing--about 8% over the past 100 years.
      > > Without the earth EMF the solar winds wisk the atmosphere away,
      and
      > > especially will wisk the ionosphere, and the ozone layer, and
      that
      > > will have immediate impact on climate, in my view. Harvesting
      > > hydrates may as it turns out be a way of changing the patterns of
      EMF
      > > to sustain the earth EMF--so we should find a way to have our
      cake
      > > and eat it too.
      > >

      > What you say is indeed true. The Earth's magnetic field is losing
      > strength, for now.

      It is well known that the earth EMF flips and changes its
      intensity. What I suggest is that there are indeed times that the
      lack of an earth EMF causes the solar winds to strip away the
      atmosphere, starting, of course, with the ionosphere. Seems to me
      that OZONE would be the first part to the atmosphere to take a hit.
      That then would begin to change the earth global electrical circuitry
      and cause storms--chaotic patterns.

      Which then get modulated by the biosphere.

      The fact that there is an atmosphere and its degree is also a highly
      tuned mechanism, IMHO. Tuned by the biosphere.

      However, keep in mind that the as far as anybody
      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 3, 2004
        > It is well known that the earth EMF flips and changes its
        > intensity. What I suggest is that there are indeed times that the
        > lack of an earth EMF causes the solar winds to strip away the
        > atmosphere, starting, of course, with the ionosphere. Seems to me
        > that OZONE would be the first part to the atmosphere to take a hit.
        > That then would begin to change the earth global electrical circuitry
        > and cause storms--chaotic patterns.
        >
        > Which then get modulated by the biosphere.
        >
        > The fact that there is an atmosphere and its degree is also a highly
        > tuned mechanism, IMHO. Tuned by the biosphere.

        In the most chaotic part of the magnetic field's life, a pole flip,
        the magnetic field still exists. It's twisted and convoluted, with
        north and south poles popping up in some really odd places until
        things settle down again, but it is still a magnetic field, and still
        offers protection. In a way, it might be fun! It would be a blast to
        be sitting on a beach in Tahiti on a warm, tropical night, sipping a
        drink with a little umbrella in it, while watching the dance of aurora
        light high overhead.

        If the magnetic field were to vanish altogether for a time, we do have
        one thing in our favor. We have active volcanos constantly
        replenishing the atmosphere. The main effect might be purely
        biological. We would have to take precautions against solar
        radiation, especially during periods of high solar activity.