    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 19, 2004
      As predicted in my last report, things have gotten a bit boring for
      the time being. There are a couple of small coronal holes in view,
      and we could see a mild elevation in the solar wind speed starting in
      about 48 hours. There are only two small numbered sunspot regions
      visible this evening, and neither have any flare generating potential
      at this time. There are some pretty large filaments visible. A
      filament is essentially a gigantic tube of gas suspended above the
      visible surface of the sun by a magnetic field. Occasionally, the
      magnetic field supporting the filament will become unstable, and the
      filament will collapse all at once. The millions of tons of formerly
      suspended gas come crashing down, and create one heck of a spash. We
      see the spash in the form of what's called a Hyder flare. Other than
      that possibility, there isn't much happening.

      K index :

      IMF Orientation : 2.1 nT North

      Solar activity is expected to be at very low levels.

      Geomagnetic activity forecast :
      The geomagnetic field is expected to be at quiet to unsettled levels.
      Isolated active conditions are possible on 22 February due to a
      recurrent high speed coronal hole stream.