After break starting to think about 2004 April 1 tropical storm forecast

  • mike@usinter.net
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 28, 2003
      [A]round May 8, 1998, there were a series of large, solar
      disturbances that caused a new radiation belt to form in the so-
      called "slot region" between the inner and outer van Allen belts. The
      new belt eventually disappeared once the solar activity subsided.

      http://www.centennialofflight.gov/essay/Dictionary/RADIATION_BELTS/DI1
      60.htm

      For SST changes, see:

      http://www.osdpd.noaa.gov/PSB/EPS/SST/climo_archive/anom.5.9.1998.gif

      http://www.osdpd.noaa.gov/PSB/EPS/SST/climo_archive/anomnight.6.9.1998
      .gif

      http://www.osdpd.noaa.gov/PSB/EPS/SST/climo.html

      Electrical change equates to a thermal change.

      ++++++++++++++++++++++

      BTW, interesting sat pic relative to the drought in the west and the
      Colorado River poor flow's impact on the CONDUCTIVITIES in the GOC.
      Note large scale low freq ion waves will produce conditions which
      will NOT pick up dust. IOWs charge it and draw it to convective
      regions and cause it to be washed out, plus dust aids in cloud
      nucleation, so a minimal of Doran wave activity is going bring
      moisture to a region and end the dust. Gaia conditions in the GOC
      are obviously still quite poor. John McCain needs to take his "CAP"
      off:

      http://www.osei.noaa.gov/iod.html

      http://drought.unl.edu/dm/monitor.html

      The best way to follow ENSO, the SOI, and EMF activity at the present
      time is to go to this link and watch how movements of the SOI and
      ENSO correlate to strike activity. Add solar particle monitoring,
      and it is really even more of an interesting watch:

      http://www.lightningstorm.com
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 28, 2003
        I'll be interested to see your forecast when you have it ready. I'll
        give you this much, you correctly predicted a Carolina hurricane.
        However, one could make that prediction for most any hurricane season
        and stand a decent chance of being right.

        >John McCain needs to take his "CAP"
        > off:

        His "CAP" off??