    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 26, 2003
      Things have gotten at least slightly more interesting since my last
      report. Sunspot region 528 managed to kick off am M1.5 flare on the
      26th. That sunspot region is in an Earth-pointing position, but if
      there was a CME associated with the flare, it certainly wasn't much of
      one, and I don't see anything in the SOHO satellite imagery to
      indicate that there was a CME. This was a short duration flare, and
      typically it's the long duration events that are more likely to
      produce a CME. There is a small coronal hole that will be rotating
      into an Earth-pointing position soon. We may see something from that
      around the end of next week.

      IMF Orientation : 0.3 nT South

      Conditions for the last 24 hours :
      Space weather for the past 24 hours has been minor. Radio blackouts
      reaching the R1 level occurred.

      Solar Activity Forecast :
      Solar activity is expected to be at low to moderate levels. Region 528
      continues to exhibit the potential for producing low level M-class
      flares.

      Geomagnetic activity forecast :
      The geomagnetic field is expected to be at predominantly quiet levels
      with isolated unsettled conditions possible throughout the period.

      26-Dec-2003 1928Z M1.5