    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 23, 2003
      All is quiet this evening. The recent coronal hole solar wind stream
      encounter pretty much turned out to be a non-event. A persistent
      north-pointing interplanetary magnetic field kept the geomagnetic
      activity suppressed. While the solar wind speed is still mildly
      elevated, I don't expect to see any effects from it. If we do see
      anything noteworthy, it might be in the form of a flare from either
      sunspot region 525 or 528. They are both have at least an outside
      chance of generating an M-class flare.

      IMF Orientation : 1.5 nT North

      Solar activity is expected to be low. There is a chance for an M-class
      flare from Regions 525 and 528.

      Geomagnetic activity forecast :
      The geomagnetic field is expected to be quiet to unsettled for the
      next three days.