    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 15, 2003
      The Earth is beginning to exit the high speed solar wind stream we've
      been in for the past few days, and the solar wind speed is slowing
      down. While G-1 geomagnetic storm conditions have been observed
      within the last 24 hours, I don't expect much more in the way of
      activity. The sunspot number remains low, and only two small sunspot
      regions are visible. Neither appears to have the potential for
      generating a major flare at the present time. Barring anything
      unforseen, the next round of activity may arrive around the first of
      next week as a pair of small coronal holes rotate into an
      Earth-pointing position.

      IMF Orientation : 0.3 nT South

      Conditions for the last 24 hours :
      Space weather for the past 24 hours has been minor. Geomagnetic storms
      reaching the G1 level occurred.

      Solar activity is expected to be very low to low.

      Geomagnetic activity forecast :
      The geomagnetic field is expected to remain at active to minor storm
      levels through the remainder of the 15th. The field should subside to
      quiet to unsettled levels for 16 - 18 Dec as the coronal hole rotates
      out of geoeffective range.