Re: I've got a question for you.........

  • Pawnfart
    Message 1 of 702 , Feb 7, 2001
      I agree about Super Storms and methane hydrates
      as a cause. I don't have time at this instant, but I
      will post later with some details.<br><br>In a
      nutshell, what you are missing are what causes methane
      hydrate to unform. Primarily what we see are salinity
      pulses like ENSO, but there is also a moon earth dynamic
      that depressurizes them on a decadal (PDO) and longer
      scale (Little Ice Age). Finally, there is Milankovitch,
      which alters solar insolation by 20%. Here is the issue
      of a Gaia world--white daisies are put out when it
      gets too warm. Milankovitch has become progressively
      cooler of late, but when there is an upturn to warming
      that is when the methanogens will act on climate to
      convert the added heat energy of the sun toward kinetic
      energy. As the oceans drop more MHs are depressurized.
      This will occur during the peak of a Little Ice Age,
      which is the time when, per Keeling and Whorf, the
      tides are depressurizing the MHs the most--which will
      be in about 1,200 years. <br><br>That said, with
      human emissions of CO2, the heat goes to the surface
      and dilutes the waters . . . initially, while the
      carbonic acid forms in the air, increasing the ability of
      methanogens to create constrasts of charge in the oceans
      acting on charges in the atmosphere, thereby increasing
      kinetic expression. In short, higher CO2 may make the
      next Little Ice Age THE Little Ice Age.<br><br>There
      is another issue, as the Arctic melts, the field
      potential of methanogen activity increases. That is because
      ice over the oceans would have an insolating
      influence, whereas open water with active methanogen
      activity would be a source of GREATER AREA where contrasts
      of ocean charges create upper air disturbances and
      fronts. Put another way, more ways that kinetic energy
      can play out on climate because there is more area
      for it to develope from. There would also be greater
      vertical movements of current, which in turn would alter
      methanogen stability. Understand, there were elephants and
      hippos and other warm climate creatures . . . in the
      area of England not 120,000 years ago. Then New York
      was under a 1/2 mile of ice 22,000 years ago.
      Different colored daisies popping up depending on the
      climate.
      Message 702 of 702 , Mar 1, 2002
        On Feb 28th, the Interplanetary Magnetic Field
        swung to a strong south-pointing orientation. That,
        coupled with an elevated solar wind speed and density,
        triggered a G-1 class geomagnetic storm. The result was
        some high latitude aurora. See this link for a
        photgraph of aurora observed over Quebec :
        namely 9839, 9842, and 9845, that appear to be capable
        of producing M-class flares. Regions 9839 and 9842
        are close to rotating out of view over the western
        limb of the solar disk. Sunspot region 9845, however,
        is close to the sun's central meridian. A rather
        large coronal hole is also approaching the sun's
        central meridian, and coming into an Earth-pointing
        position. High speed colar wind gusts are likely around the
        first of next week.<br><br>The current solar and
        geomagnetic conditions are :<br><br>NOAA sunspot number :
        wind speed : 372.3 km/sec<br>Solar wind density : 4.4
        the last 24 hours : <br>Solar activity was low. The
        geomagnetic field was quiet to unsettled. Stratwarm Alert
        exists Friday.<br><br>Forecast for the next 24 hours
        :<br>Solar activity will be low to moderate. The geomagnetic
        field will be quiet to unsettled.<br><br>Solar Activity
        Forecast :<br>Solar activity is expected to be low to
        moderate for the next three days. Region 9845 is a
        possible source for isolated M-class
        is expected to be mainly quiet to unsettled, until
        the onset of high speed stream effects from a
        recurrent coronal hole begin to develop by day three of the
        forecast period. Isolated active conditions are
        anticipated thereafter.<br><br>Recent significant solar flare
        activity :<br>None