Jesus is okay with me

    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 6, 2003
      and yet I still like writing more on Gaia and sexual reproduction.
      Is that the devil, God, Holy Ghost, or Jesus in me? I don't know,
      and does it matter?

      +++++++++++++++

      If sexual reproduction in plants, animals and humans is a result of
      evolutionary sequences, creationists argue that the series of chance
      events that must have occurred at each stage would be so unlikely as
      to be impossible.

      They claim that an amazingly complex, radically different, yet
      complementary reproductve systems of the male and female must have
      completely and independantly evolved at each stage at about the same
      time and place. Just a slight incompleteness in only one of the two
      would make both reproductive systems useless, and the organism would
      become extinct.

      The physical, chemical and behavioral systems of the male and female
      would have to be compatible.

      Millions of complex products of male reproductive system (pollen or
      sperm) must have an affinity for and a mechanical, chemical, and
      ELECTRICAL compatiblity with the eges of the female prepoductive
      system.

      The microbiology also must match--the intricate processes occurring
      inside the entity as the nucleotides must mesh.

      How is Gaia involved?

      Part of the concept of gene sharing and symbiotic relationships is
      that conductivity changes to the ocean surface must balance with the
      charge potentials of the cirrus clouds. These are the clouds that are
      sorted by charge, just like DNA is sorted in the process of
      electrophoresis and banding then determines genomes. The sorting then
      leads to modulating the infra red behaviors, the heat and convection
      feedbacks that leads to climate.

      The problem is that size matters in the air and in the oceans much
      differently. In the ocean, a multicellular creature near the surface
      of the ocean may increase conductivity, while that same creature
      would fall out of the sky due to its weight. Yet, it's reproductive
      information can fit on a tiny strand of nucleotides that can move
      like dust in the winds, and be a part of cloud nucleation that
      becomes heat trapping cirrus, be at the right charge along with the
      cirrus to move between the electromagnetic fields in between the
      cloud tops and the ionosphere, depending on what is the state of
      these fields determined by such things as solar lumenousity, solar
      insOlation, cosmic ray flux, and so forth.

      There is a reason male reproductive units which match the relatively
      much larger female eggs are small. It has to do with the evolutionary
      context of a living earth and the specific, original purpose of
      nucleotides--modulating cirrus cloud behaviors.

      ++++++++++++++++++++

      Why We See Red When Looking at Ocean Plants September 19, 2003

      Rutgers marine scientists say phytoplankton changed color 250 million
      years ago

      NEW BRUNSWICK/PISCATAWAY, N.J. - Green was the dominant color for
      plants both on land and in the ocean until about 250 million years
      ago when changes in the ocean's oxygen content - possibly sparked by
      a cataclysmic event - helped bring basic ocean plants with a red
      color to prominence - a status they retain today. That's the view of
      a group led by marine scientists from Rutgers, The State University
      of New Jersey, in a paper, "The Evolutionary Inheritance of Elemental
      Stoichiometry in Marine Phytoplankton" in the journal Nature,
      published Thursday (Sept. 18).

      Studying ancient fossils plus current species of microscopic ocean
      plants called phytoplankton, the scientists found evidence that
      a "phytoplankton schism" took place after a global ocean oxygen
      depletion killed 85 percent of the organisms living in the ocean
      about 250 million years ago at the end of the Permian era. "This
      paved the way for the evolution of red phytoplankton," said one of
      the paper's authors, Paul G. Falkowski, professor in the
      Environmental Biophysics and Molecular Ecology Program at Rutgers'
      Institute of Marine and Coastal Sciences (IMCS). Falkowski has a
      joint appointment with Rutgers' Department of Geological Sciences.

      The Permian era, prior to the advent of the dinosaurs, ended in a
      global extinction scientists believe may have been linked to
      extraterrestrial collisions or earthly eruptions or explosions.

      "Plants on land are green, and they inherited the cell components
      that gave them a green color about 400 million years ago," Falkowski
      said. "But most of plants or phytoplankton in the ocean are red -
      they inherited their pigments about 250 million years ago. Our paper
      suggests that a global ocean oxygen depletion changed the chemistry
      of the ocean and selected for red phytoplankton. The ocean has been
      dominated by the red line ever since."

      Comment:

      The problem of the ever lumenous sun suggested by Carl Sagan is
      addressed, as you all know, by changes to cloud dynamics via
      conductivities. Gas exchange with O2 in an ocean filled with O2 is an
      interesting conductivity issue and hints at a Gaia that struggles to
      LOSE conductivity to maintain the signals noise ratios and other
      aspects of the cosmic and solar electrical input into this system.
      There are biological metabolism issues respecting O2 as well . . .

      I should mention that the original Gaia theory had a sub story called
      daisyland. Carl Sagan himself with his essay on an ever lumenous sun
      and questions of science made popular comes in an interestnig
      spiritual context, in that his first wife was one of the writers who
      wrote about Gaia, and daisyland. The idea is that if the earth is too
      hot it blooms daisies of different colors that retain or reflect
      heat. This daisyland idea was formed in the context of CO2 as a green
      house gas, which now modernly is held properly to good skeptical
      science that questions the place CO2 has as a "daisy" compared to
      clouds, which either trap on earth or release to space almost all
      heat energy from the sun.

      So with the old theory, Carl Sagan's problem was solved by dark
      daisies in the past, and light ones in the present. Interestingly,
      Carl Sagan's daughter is a microbiologist!!!! But I digress, don't I?

      What I am suggesting, from my EMF and biological background, is that
      the forcing is ELECTRICAL and THEN thermal by cloud behavior. Cirrus
      clouds, mostly. It is an entirely different take on Gaia theory and
      daisyland, and more powerful because the feedbacks are instantanious
      at the speed of EMFs globally, and don't rely on the time it takes
      for CO2 levels to change globally, for instance.

      So when biologists discover evidence of red algaes running back about
      250 million years (probably through some of the DNA studies that are
      getting quite good and running down the tree of life) and this is put
      in a Gaia context, the Daisyland approach would be to say that the
      red spectrum is different than the green. BUT what I am saying is
      conductivity matters more, not albedo. Follow?

      Red is a color of iron, BTW, and rust. Oxydized iron. That means that
      in an ocean without oxygen, that we have today, the iron has some
      kind of an important gaia conductivity role, I would speculate . . .
      compared to a past when the oceans contained more oxygen and the sun
      was slightly less lumenous . . . and that importance is more critical
      to a living earth than the slight efficiencies brought to bear to
      photosynthesis by having a green color.

      My view is that upwelling by cold waters would bring higher levels of
      iron, and so would rivers eroding iron, that would otherwise fall by
      gravity to the ocean bottom and get buried. Iron gets retained by
      life--by the algaes, and would help retain increased local
      conductivities that are at the heart of Gaia and modulated cloud
      dynamics. Again, it is the idea that when you are hot you sweat, cold
      you shiver. When ocean SSTs are hot, they are more conductive BUT
      lack upwelled nutrients like iron for increased biological
      conductivities, and hence are prone to a feedback of modulation.