    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 1, 2003
      (Sorry I didn't see your request earlier, Mike. Anyway, here 'tis)

      ** Aurora Watch In Effect **

      Just about any time now, the Earth should slide into a coronal hole
      high speed solar wind stream. The solar wind speed has topped the 500
      km/sec mark, but judging from the position of the coronal hole, I
      expect to see higher speeds that we have at the moment. Aurora are a
      possibility, and an aurora watch is in effect. If things hold true to
      form, there should be a spike in the geomagnetic activiy when the
      Earth crosses the boundary of the high speed solar wind stream. Stay
      tuned, as I really don't think that's happened yet. Then again, as
      coronal holes go, this one isn't particularly large, so I could be
      wrong. We should know more on Monday. The flare outlook remains the
      same as my last report, with no significant flare observed or predicted.

      IMF Orientation : 4.5 nT North

      Solar activity is expected to be very low to low. Regions 448 (N20W20)
      and 449 (S16E13) may produce isolated C-class flares.

      Geomagnetic activity forecast :
      Geomagnetic activity is expected to be at quiet to active levels, with
      isolated minor storm conditions, as a coronal hole continues to move
      into geoeffective position.

      Recent significant solar flare actvity :