Tropical Storm Ignacio

    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 23, 2003
      http://maps.wunderground.com/tropical/tracking/ep200309.html

      Tropical Storm Ignacio

      What happens to me from a tropical storm like Ignacio here in Redding
      is delta breezes. This storm does impact weather here, as well as in
      Texas, for ELECTRICAL reasons. Follow the circuitry, and you may see
      how Texas can get rain during an EPAC GOC storm like Kenna, which
      caused several tornado deaths in Texas . . .

      A tropical storm is a point ion concentration -- negative charges
      over the surface low. These voltages have been measured and they are
      HUGE. Now, because there is a capacitive coupling to the ocean
      surface, the relative charges are oriented around that negative
      center as follows. In the ionosphere, the center is surrounded by
      relatively POSITIVE charges, because unlike charges attract. And
      below in they eye the surface becomes very powerfully POSITIVE.
      Follow so far?

      Now, let's talk about capacitance. Capacitance is a measure of how
      well EMFs will move through a capacitor. In the case of a tropical
      storm, the ions in the ionosphere are just like a plate of a charge
      capacitor, and the ocean like the other plate. The cross sectional
      area of the plate will help determine the capacitance. That is why a
      smaller EYE on blowup, or pin hole eye, shows that the voltages of
      the point NEGATIVE ion concentration have increased, because
      effectively the capacitive behaviors are occurring against a smaller
      cross section. When an eye of a hurricane, like Kenna, is only 7- 10
      miles across, the voltages are simply ENORMOUS over the eye. Now, the
      other very important determining factor of capacitance is called the
      dielectric. The dielectric is a constant that describes the
      effeciency that the magnetic field will travel through a medium to
      bring a charge movement to the opposing plate. So, say, there is a
      huge negative voltage on one plate, what we are talking about is how
      well the other plate will go positive in relation to the magnetic
      field flux lines depending on the material between these two plates.
      As it turns out, there is a HUGE dielectric constant difference
      between AIR and WATER. Hence, over the center of a tropical storm
      where there is an "eye", that area is cleared of clouds, or water,
      that would impact the dielectrical constant for capacitive dynamics.
      Hence, that negaive voltage over the eye in the inosphere is going to
      make the ocean below EXTREMELY positively charged.

      Now, here is where it is tough to follow and visualize, so if you are
      trying to follow my description it would be helpful if you have three
      sheets of paper to draw it. One sheet should be the ocean. Another
      the ionosphere. And a third the clouds. Draw the disk of a tropical
      storm, hole in the middle for that one.

      Now, over the eye in the ionosphere is the negative charged center
      and over the cloud disk is positive charges, attracted to that
      negative center.

      Below in the ocean, around the POSITIVE center the ocean should carry
      a relatively NEGATIVE charge--again, because opposites attract.

      Now, think about this for a second. Above the cloud disk in the
      ionosphere is a relatively positive charge, attracted by the negative
      center. Convection and charge separations will keep it "powered",
      relative to the cloud tops, as positive as well. Where will any
      positive pulse then go? It cannot move in a capacitive manner through
      the clouds because the clouds, as water, have a very large
      dielectrical value. The lower clouds, with the charge separations,
      may have a negative charge cummulation from the convection and charge
      separations, but guess what? Since the ocean surface other than the
      eye itself is negative, you have the same charges on the cloud
      bottoms as you do on the ocean surface, and same charges REPEL.

      This is why there are few strikes, if any, in a well organized
      tropical storm.

      But along the edges of the storm, it is a much different
      organization, the diffference, electrically and by EMFs, or
      capacitive movements, between tropical behaviors and extra tropical.
      That is, at some point you start to get a second wave from the center
      positive charge where the ocean becomes positively charged AND you
      have the dielectric value changing from water to air as the medium of
      value. That means that over fair weather around the tropical storm,
      positive "alternating" voltages to ground will find
      negative "alternating" voltages on the surface. Now, I don't want to
      mix my metaphors too much, but, water, in addition to having a
      dielectric meaning for capacitance or alternating currents, has a
      DIRECT current meaning. That is why over the eye the negative ion
      cummulation doesn't come flashing down to the surface where the
      voltages are positive (unless the storm becomes EMF chaotic, in which
      case it will soon become thermodynamically disorganized as well, aka
      Lili right before landfall when day to night electrical changes made
      it electrically disorganized).

      Air is electrically RESISTIVE to direct currents, and by ohm's law
      that means voltages have to be absolutely huge to short across any
      kind of current. So over the eye current does not pass directly, but
      around the storm, where there is both water vapor that can be
      conductive and water vapor that does not cover an area enough to
      present an alternating current path -- so you have the dielectric of
      air--will there be enough to pass the voltages of the storm. This
      then causes strikes around the edges of the tropical storm!

      Those strikes then, in an organized way, impact cloud behaviors over
      land hundreds of miles away by making the ionosphere carry relatively
      very positive charge. This impacts severe weather patterns in tornado
      alley, and Texas in particular faces electrical instabilities that
      bring contrasts of dry lines, and charge demarcations, where both
      direct and alternating currents move relative to water in the air as
      both a high dielectric constant and a conductive path for direct
      currents.

      This then impacts cloud nucleation patterns and cirrus behaviors, and
      their heat trapping behaviors.

      The ocean circuit is likewise impacted. In the case of this storm,
      the Pacific's electrical dynamic is so impacted that we get, like I
      said, delta breezes. Thousands of miles away, the very way that the
      SOI behaves is impacted, and a winter like pattern results!

      With tropical storm Kenna, I was observing this with the national
      strike and cloud data, and, of course, noted the storms over Texas
      and the loss of life by tornadic activity. But I also noted an
      instability with the day and the earth EMF, and solar wind event, and
      how there was an instability over Minnesota. That was actually the
      severe weather that brought down a plane there--with one Senator Paul
      Wellstone crashing and meeting his maker!

      The effects of eastern PAC. tropical systems on extreme rainfall
      events in places like Texas are well known. Both the 1994 and 1998
      floods were a result of an eastern pac. tropical system moving
      northeast over a stalled frontal boundary in Texas. And then there
      was the tornadic activity associated with Kenna last year and solid
      rains from it.

      The most favored time for such events is in late September through
      early November when strong eastern Pacific. hurricanes combine with
      Southwestern US troughs. Both of the floods above produced record
      rainfall amounts and the 1998 floods in San Antonio produced that
      cities all-time record 24 hour rainfall-- around 12 inches in about 3-
      4 hours. The 1994 flood impacted the southeastern part of the state
      of Texas as the remains of hurricane Rosa moved over the area. 30+
      inches fell in 4 days over Liberty and Montgomery counties. The San
      Jacinto River at Humble was some 25 feet above flood stage and the
      flow of the water created a new channel below Lake Houston rupturing
      gas pipelines and setting the river and floodwaters on fire.

      Understand that the orientation of a trough, at least on the back
      side, is going to have a front which faces with the alternating
      current wave that stems from the tropical storm. Electrically, then,
      the two areas of charge separations can feed on each other,
      electrically. It's like having two batteries that work with each
      other and REALLY create bright lights.

      During the fall and spring, for that matter, the signal noise from
      the poles is better. IOWs, the solar flaring and the particles from
      space which are attracted to the earth north EMF then do better at
      bringing an amplified signal south because convection isn't near the
      north EMF to distort it. That signal from space, the currents, are
      relatively weak compared to the currents even in a good thunderstorm,
      and so the cloud organization must be gradual and amplified to be
      effective.

      In the fall, the algae patches have bloomed and the SSTs are warmer,
      and the warmer they are the more conductive they are. Hence, fall,
      indeed a particular TIME of fall each year, we expect these storms.

      I don't want to limit the marine microbial biological activity to
      just the algae. In the fall the rotting greenery produces much
      bacterial activity as well, along with methanogens producing
      hydrates. Hydrates are electrically insulating and located in great
      sums in the GOC. Further, bacterial activity and other microbial
      activity will be conductive relative to lifeless chemistry, where
      patterns of conductivity will be more distributed and diffused,
      offering a much less conductive path for direct currents and more
      impedance for alternating ones. CO2 concentrated by life as it goes
      from carbonic acid to CO2 gas along the surface, when agitated by
      winds, will also produce conductivity increases temporarily. This is
      a SEASONAL occurrence!

      These storms, while they tend to threaten Mexico, often threaten very
      poor peoples. That gets to the climate change issues of a storm like
      Mitch, with Latin populations projected to be around a billion by
      2100 . . .
      From what I saw when Latins were struck by tragedy, living in
      Southern California for much of the past 20 years--they come here and
      tax our culture, its infrastructure. These events even if they occur
      in Latin America, they have no impact borders.

      http://www.lightningstorm.com/tux/jsp/gpg/lex1/mapdisplay_free.jsp

      The latest strike data. What is interesting to me is the thunderstorm
      moving through Minnesota--much like one moved through the state that
      killed Sen. Wellstone by dropping his plane. This is almost exactly
      the same strike pattern over Minnesota I saw w/ Kenna that killed
      him.

      This is what I said last year about Kenna:

      "And nothing points to EMFs, cirrus and the biosphere better then
      tropical storm activity and behavior. The Doran waves along the
      equatorial Pacific and then north to Texas and further north is a
      great example."

      Here is a link to our clubs' current solar EMF conditions that help
      produce this Minnesota thunderstorm: