Re: coronal hole glut

    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 14 9:08 PM
      --- In methanehydrateclub@yahoogroups.com, XK SAZ <group@s...> wrote:
      > Sheesh it has been nonstop coronal hole for the past month. Could
      > this be the same coronal hole swinging back around? Or are all of
      > these considered to be different coronal holes?

      There has been a steady procession of them, hasn't there? The sun
      completes a full rotation in, if I remember correctly, about 26 days.
      So, the coronal holes you might see in the space of a month would be
      different ones. However, it is possible for one to make multiple
      passes. I remember one a year or two ago that stayed intact for three
      rotations. Sunspots have also been known to stay together for two
      rotations.