coronal hole glut

  • XK SAZ
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 13, 2003
      Sheesh it has been nonstop coronal hole for the past month. Could
      this be the same coronal hole swinging back around? Or are all of
      these considered to be different coronal holes?
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 14, 2003
        --- In methanehydrateclub@yahoogroups.com, XK SAZ <group@s...> wrote:
        > Sheesh it has been nonstop coronal hole for the past month. Could
        > this be the same coronal hole swinging back around? Or are all of
        > these considered to be different coronal holes?

        There has been a steady procession of them, hasn't there? The sun
        completes a full rotation in, if I remember correctly, about 26 days.
        So, the coronal holes you might see in the space of a month would be
        different ones. However, it is possible for one to make multiple
        passes. I remember one a year or two ago that stayed intact for three
        rotations. Sunspots have also been known to stay together for two
        rotations.