Re: Thanks for the paper BUT . . .

    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 6 4:57 AM
      Hehehe, there's always a "but," isn't there?! ;-)

      I must confess I haven't had a chance to read the paper yet. I just
      saw the abstract whole doing the coronal hole magnetic field line
      research and thought it sounded interesting. I'll read it this week.
      It's interesting to me, however, that you seem to be of the belief
      that a person speaking at a Republican fundraiser automatically brings
      their scientific objectivity into question. Do you say the same thing
      about scientists who speak at Democratic fundraisers? If not, why
      not? Couldn't a scientist be biased just as easily in one direction
      as the other? Also, are all scientists somehow supposed to be be
      completely apolitical? Does having a liberal or conservative
      political leaning automatically disqualify them from doing legitimate
      research?