coronal holes

  • SOAZ
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 1, 2003
      Yeah the SOHO satellite pics. I have the daily updates as my screen
      saver. I saw that they just made one for osX so now my computer at
      home can have it too :)
      How far out do the opened magnetic lines of the coronal holes go? Passed earth?
      That one was so neat, like a bullseye almost!
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 1, 2003
        --- In methanehydrateclub@yahoogroups.com, SOAZ <group@s...> wrote:
        > Yeah the SOHO satellite pics. I have the daily updates as my screen
        > saver. I saw that they just made one for osX so now my computer at
        > home can have it too :)
        > How far out do the opened magnetic lines of the coronal holes go?
        Passed earth?
        > That one was so neat, like a bullseye almost!

        I'm not sure what the speculation is as to how far they go out. I'll
        dig around and see what I can find out.