Abbreviated Solar Activity Report for 5/31/03

    Message 1 of 1 , May 31, 2003
      Don't have time for a full one as I have a long day Sunday and need to
      get to bed!! The anticipated CME that was supposed to hit Friday did
      arrive, but didn't really kick things up that much. Aurora have
      definitely been seen. One sighting was in Virginia Thursday night.
      Sunspot region 365 popped of an M-9 flare, which created a
      partial-halo CME. We may receive a glancing blow from it on 6/1.
      Look for another round of coronal hole solar wind gusts around 6/3.
      Right now, the solar wind speed is close to 600 km/sec. I'll make a
      full report Sunday.