Re: UHIs and comments

    Message 1 of 3 , May 25, 2003
      Perhaps I wasn't clear about the study--it compared greater Atlanta,
      which is a big sprawling burb now, certainly large enough for
      coriolis to kick it even as large scale a forcing as it is. It
      compared greater Atlanta to the nearby area and found that the city
      was hit with more storms at a specified time of day and specified
      place in the urban area--the southern sector. The result was
      statistically significant and matched what I had observed in the
      outbreak with Wichita, Tulsa and OKC.