Norman twister and EMFs

    Message 1 of 1 , May 19, 2003
      http://earthobservatory.nasa.gov/NaturalHazards/natural_hazards_v2.php
      3?img_id=10663

      This is consistant with what I saw in 1999 when I visited
      Moore/Norman following their May 3 storm. The paths were almost
      identical.

      The greater OKC region is the largest sprawling area in the US, and
      that will have EMF meaning. And w/ the May 3 1999 storm I noted
      significant LOCAL EMF differences, like the twister ripping down to
      the cement suburban homes and just a few hundred feet away leaving a
      glass church unscathed. Now that church was surrounded by an empty
      tar/asphalt parking lot, a very large one at that.

      This picture shows how the freeway interchange and some parking
      structures differ along the path to the SE whereas along the same
      line to the NW are suburban style homes. Those homes will come
      complete with plumbing electrical and even lawns that are decidely
      more conductive.

      Now, while a cement freeway or an asphalt parking lot isn't going to
      be conductive, what it WILL BE is a potential short term source of
      protons. IOWs, much like if you were to take a glass stick and rub
      silk over it it will charge up with protons, these structures on the
      ground are not going to be conductive but will be a source of
      positive ions. I believe this is very significant, especially
      considering that fair weather is positive voltages to ground and
      these storms are always associated with dry lines.