Re: [Methane Hydrate Club] Solar Activity Report for 5/15/03

  • mike
    Message 1 of 4 , May 17, 2003
      http://www.campaignexxonmobil.org/pdf/Financial.pdf

      Very official looking info in appearance and source. A British
      insurance industry expert claims that $ losses due to natural
      disaster is rising 12% per an. while average world GDP growth weighs
      in at a puny 3% per an. Since RATES of growth are dealt with, we are
      dealing with those nasty exponential (interest rate growth) curves
      again.

      12 to 3 in this racket is rough: "..value of damage
      due to natural hazards could exceed the world's wealth by 2065".
      Simply put, damage losses outstrip growth and by a big margin.

      Even if all this is due to Mother Nature's natural cycles and has
      nothing to do with CO2 level increases, it seems that prudence alone
      should be sounding a wake up call to try to get a handle on the
      problem. Of course, my view is that it is a double wammy of poor growth
      planning respecting Gaia and defects in living earth feedbacks changing
      EMF patterns.