    Message 1 of 4 , May 15, 2003
      ** Aurora Watch In Effect **

      Before I get to the solar activity report, there's something happening
      tonight that you really should see if you have clear skies. There's a
      total lunar eclipse! Wander outside and give it a look.
      Unfortunately, all I can see is rain and clouds!

      The solar wind speed is still well above the 600 km/sec mark, and
      aurora are a possibility tonight. Overall, however, activity is
      winding down, and is expected to continue to do so over the next few
      days. The Earth is exiting a high speed solar wind stream, and the
      solar wind speed is slowly declining. This is probably the last night
      there will be a solid possibility of aurora unless something
      unexpected happens. Now, there is a small coronal hole that's in an
      Earth-pointing position, and we might see some brief solar wind gusts
      along or about the 19th, although I'm not really expecting much from
      it. The sunspot number has increased a little, as has the backgroud
      X-ray flux. However, none of the sunspot regions visible look at have
      any real potential for generating significant flares at this time.

      IMF Orientation : 2.1 nT North

      Solar activity is expected to be very low, with possible increase in
      activity over the next few days due to active regions emerging from
      the east limb. New region 362 may produce isolated flare activity.

      Geomagnetic activity forecast :
      The geomagnetic field is expected to be at unsettled to active levels
      for the next three days. Solar wind speeds should continue to reduce
      over the next few days, and may cause isolated minor storm levels on
      day one.

      Message 2 of 4 , May 16, 2003
        I did get to see it.

        What I am waiting on is what "gravity waves" may have come of it, and
        perhaps to get a picture of cosmic ray flux on cloud behavior as a
        result!

      • mike
        Message 3 of 4 , May 17, 2003
          http://www.campaignexxonmobil.org/pdf/Financial.pdf

          Very official looking info in appearance and source. A British
          insurance industry expert claims that $ losses due to natural
          disaster is rising 12% per an. while average world GDP growth weighs
          in at a puny 3% per an. Since RATES of growth are dealt with, we are
          dealing with those nasty exponential (interest rate growth) curves
          again.

          12 to 3 in this racket is rough: "..value of damage
          due to natural hazards could exceed the world's wealth by 2065".
          Simply put, damage losses outstrip growth and by a big margin.

          Even if all this is due to Mother Nature's natural cycles and has
          nothing to do with CO2 level increases, it seems that prudence alone
          should be sounding a wake up call to try to get a handle on the
          problem. Of course, my view is that it is a double wammy of poor growth
          planning respecting Gaia and defects in living earth feedbacks changing
          EMF patterns.