Re: [Methane Hydrate Club] Re: Floyd didn't help?????

  • mike
    Message 1 of 5 , May 11, 2003
      David Wrote:

      If you would, refresh my memory about the
      > diet. I might be interested in that myself.<

      It's really nothing special--especially considering that it has failed
      repeatedly at doing anything significant to the wieght.

      But basically I try to avoid sugars and carbs and eat a lot of eggs, that
      I prepare by removing the yokes in all of the eggs except for one, or I
      get that carton egg beaters, which is basically yolk free. I also allow
      nuts and take in a drink form, or mixed with my eggs, flaxseed flour.
      Between the nuts and the flaxseed, it helps you be regular even without
      much food.

      Then small and frequent protien meals, like I'll have a can of tuna fish
      for lunch and that's it.

      Lately I added too much cheese to the diet and had leveled off around 245-
      250. Starting from 267 I couldn't complain too much.

      Then I got this fever. Burning me up.

      I have been sick about a week now and what I have been doing is taking
      vitimins with flax seed flour and that's about it.

      Yesterday I peaked at 230 and drank a bunch of water and am back to 235--
      but that still is a huge drop from 267. And looking at myself at 230 I
      know I could go another 20 down and that would basically be a 60 drop in
      weight.

      Being sick with the fever was key. Normally, when you eat less your
      metabolism goes down so it is a losing proposition. And since you feel
      weak and dizzy anyway, you might as well not eat when you are sick.
      Message 2 of 5 , May 11, 2003
        Interesting! Sounds like a variation of the Atkins diet. Although if
        it's all the same to you, I think I'll skip the getting sick part!