- Remember that diet I was telling you all about? I was at 267 and now am under 240. I took off my shirt last night and my better half told me I was losing myMessage 1 of 5 , May 9, 2003View SourceRemember that diet I was telling you all about? I was at 267 and now am
under 240. I took off my shirt last night and my better half told me I
was losing my boobs!
Much of the last 10 pounds can be directly credited to a lousy fever--
that I am still burning up with. At this rate I see 230 by Monday!
Good with the bad.
> (PS - Please forgive any spelling errors, omissions, or excessive<BR>
> silliness. I really shouldn't try to do this while under the<BR>
> influence of strong painkillers due to a tooth that went kablooey,
> listening to "Comfortably Numb" by Pink Floyd didn't help
> any! OOOOO,<BR>
> look at the nice flying kangaroos!...)<BR>
- ... now am ... Yikes! Sorry to hear about the fever! That s no fun. The tooth is much better, thank you, responding very nicely to erethromycin. I mMessage 2 of 5 , May 9, 2003View Source--- In firstname.lastname@example.org, "mike" <mike@u...> wrote:
> Remember that diet I was telling you all about? I was at 267 andnow am
> under 240. I took off my shirt last night and my better half told me IYikes! Sorry to hear about the fever! That's no fun. The tooth is
> was losing my boobs!
much better, thank you, responding very nicely to erethromycin. I'm
allergic to penicillin, so the e-mycin is my dentist's antibiotic of
choice for me. If you would, refresh my memory about the diet. I
might be interested in that myself.
Oh, Pink Floyd helped...helped me become more incoherent! Then again,
I suppose that's the whole idea, isn't it? :-D
- David Wrote: If you would, refresh my memory about the ... It s really nothing special--especially considering that it has failed repeatedly at doing anythingMessage 3 of 5 , May 11, 2003View SourceDavid Wrote:
If you would, refresh my memory about the
> diet. I might be interested in that myself.<It's really nothing special--especially considering that it has failed
repeatedly at doing anything significant to the wieght.
But basically I try to avoid sugars and carbs and eat a lot of eggs, that
I prepare by removing the yokes in all of the eggs except for one, or I
get that carton egg beaters, which is basically yolk free. I also allow
nuts and take in a drink form, or mixed with my eggs, flaxseed flour.
Between the nuts and the flaxseed, it helps you be regular even without
Then small and frequent protien meals, like I'll have a can of tuna fish
for lunch and that's it.
Lately I added too much cheese to the diet and had leveled off around 245-
250. Starting from 267 I couldn't complain too much.
Then I got this fever. Burning me up.
I have been sick about a week now and what I have been doing is taking
vitimins with flax seed flour and that's about it.
Yesterday I peaked at 230 and drank a bunch of water and am back to 235--
but that still is a huge drop from 267. And looking at myself at 230 I
know I could go another 20 down and that would basically be a 60 drop in
Being sick with the fever was key. Normally, when you eat less your
metabolism goes down so it is a losing proposition. And since you feel
weak and dizzy anyway, you might as well not eat when you are sick.
- Interesting! Sounds like a variation of the Atkins diet. Although if it s all the same to you, I think I ll skip the getting sick part!Message 4 of 5 , May 11, 2003View SourceInteresting! Sounds like a variation of the Atkins diet. Although if
it's all the same to you, I think I'll skip the getting sick part!