Floyd didn't help?????

  • mike
    Message 1 of 5 , May 9, 2003
      Remember that diet I was telling you all about? I was at 267 and now am
      under 240. I took off my shirt last night and my better half told me I
      was losing my boobs!

      Much of the last 10 pounds can be directly credited to a lousy fever--
      that I am still burning up with. At this rate I see 230 by Monday!

      Good with the bad.

      Message 2 of 5 , May 9, 2003
        --- In methanehydrateclub@yahoogroups.com, "mike" <mike@u...> wrote:
        > Remember that diet I was telling you all about? I was at 267 and
        now am
        > under 240. I took off my shirt last night and my better half told me I
        > was losing my boobs!

        Yikes! Sorry to hear about the fever! That's no fun. The tooth is
        much better, thank you, responding very nicely to erethromycin. I'm
        allergic to penicillin, so the e-mycin is my dentist's antibiotic of
        choice for me. If you would, refresh my memory about the diet. I
        might be interested in that myself.

        Oh, Pink Floyd helped...helped me become more incoherent! Then again,
        I suppose that's the whole idea, isn't it? :-D
      • mike
        Message 3 of 5 , May 11, 2003
          David Wrote:

          If you would, refresh my memory about the
          > diet. I might be interested in that myself.<

          It's really nothing special--especially considering that it has failed
          repeatedly at doing anything significant to the wieght.

          But basically I try to avoid sugars and carbs and eat a lot of eggs, that
          I prepare by removing the yokes in all of the eggs except for one, or I
          get that carton egg beaters, which is basically yolk free. I also allow
          nuts and take in a drink form, or mixed with my eggs, flaxseed flour.
          Between the nuts and the flaxseed, it helps you be regular even without
          much food.

          Then small and frequent protien meals, like I'll have a can of tuna fish
          for lunch and that's it.

          Lately I added too much cheese to the diet and had leveled off around 245-
          250. Starting from 267 I couldn't complain too much.

          Then I got this fever. Burning me up.

          I have been sick about a week now and what I have been doing is taking
          vitimins with flax seed flour and that's about it.

          Yesterday I peaked at 230 and drank a bunch of water and am back to 235--
          but that still is a huge drop from 267. And looking at myself at 230 I
          know I could go another 20 down and that would basically be a 60 drop in
          weight.

          Being sick with the fever was key. Normally, when you eat less your
          metabolism goes down so it is a losing proposition. And since you feel
          weak and dizzy anyway, you might as well not eat when you are sick.
          Message 4 of 5 , May 11, 2003
            Interesting! Sounds like a variation of the Atkins diet. Although if
            it's all the same to you, I think I'll skip the getting sick part!