Is Mars melting?

    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 11 1:19 PM
      What I read recently about Mars is about the CO2 ice melting near one
      pole is that it was more related to orbital changes, much like the
      Milankovtich is correlated to change from solar insOlation
      variations. Remember the ice is in a region such that orbital
      insOlation variations will produce differences in how much radiation
      reaches a specific local.

      The more interesting constructs are the problem of an ever lumenous
      sun as described by Karl Sagan -- which should mean that Mars should
      be getting more radiation -- and be warmer than its deep past. And
      indeed there is evidence of a warmer Mars where water flowed. How
      could this be?

      My view? That when Mars had a liquid core it had a weak EMF that
      could direct space EMF toward its magnetic poles and that would lead
      to signals that with charge seperations of convection would produce
      heat trapping cirrus--just like what occurs on earth--a convection
      based amplification creating a global EMF. As the core solidified, so
      ended the ability of the EMF to react to changing convection patterns-
      -and any biosphere that may have evolved.

      There is some hint that life evolved on Mars before its core
      solidified. This life was very metalic containing according to the
      rock recovered here on earth recently--which makes sense from an EMF
      ENHANCEMENT or impedance reduction, or conductivity standpoint, to
      feed back hydrology toward that life.