Re: 2003 Hurricane Forecast

    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 31 8:30 PM
      > Sun spot or CME or solar wind activity isn't at the
      > double peak like last year but isn't at the trough, either.

      True. One thing to be aware of is that a sunspot cycle will typically
      ramp up faster than it declines. The low point actually comes a
      little more than halfway through the 11 year time period. Instead of
      a classic bell-shaped curve, it's more of a lopsided bell, with the
      right side being a little elongated.

      > This
      > year, the Carolinas need to be VERY concerned about tropical storm
      > activity. This isn't roll of the die, this is roll of the WEIGHTED
      > die.

      Oh peachy. Just what I wanted to hear. We've had some flooding in
      the Carolinas this spring already. I remember all to well the
      horrible flooding in the eastern Carolinas a few years ago when we got
      hit with two tropical systems within a period of a about 3 or 4 weeks,
      one of which decided it liked the scenery and decided to hang around
      for a few days. I didn't get any flooding myself, but many people
      did, especially in eastern NC. It was devastating. No offense, my
      friend, but I sure hope you're wrong about this one.