Re: Cloud physics research

    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 13, 2003
      David,

      I just wish I could give you years of biological education in a
      paragraph or two, but I would have to disagree again with your
      characterization. Understand this isn't about hot and cold but about
      MODULATED hot and cold. IOWs if I put you in a heated room your body
      temperature stays at 98.6 degrees--and you sweat. But if you catch a
      cold your body temperature rises.

      What the cosmic rays would do is increase the protons to ground and
      how the ocean terresphere EMF balance is modulated by the biosphere.
      Once an area is frozen the hydrology ends and so do river feedbacks.
      IOWs what we are talking about is the RISK of putting a neo glacier
      on and how long it takes for the sun to melt it back without
      precipitation replacing it.

      This is why we see storms w/ the elevated PROTON wind. But that
      doesn't mean that these storms are not modulated by the biosphere and
      the EMF control it exerts . . .

      So it again comes back to feedback loops and DEFECTS in them by a
      fossil fuel subsidized culture--or a culture that messes w/ its
      hydrology, and therefore the modulating biosphere in the deltas of
      this hydrology . . .

      > This is vert interesting, Mike! Let me run this past you. A more
      > active sun means a more energetic and denser solar wind. On a solar
      > system-wide scale, this will serve to expand the sun's heliosphere,
      > and also to provide something of a shield against incoming extra-
      solar
      > cosmic rays. Conversely, an inactive sun will allow more cosmic
      rays
      > to penetrate deeper into the solar system, and therefore reach
      Earth.