Fw: Special Jerusalem Report

  • foryeshua1@juno.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 23, 2003
      Greetings in the name of some long needed truth. Be sure you read the
      last part of this message beginning with, "A most unusual . . ." or you
      will miss the jewel. As for me I think that- "It is about time, someone
      said this." Walter Peterson
      For Your Glory

      Home | Subscribe | Unsubscribe | View Archive

      SPECIAL JERUSALEM REPORT February 23, 2003 21 Adar I 5763

      TENSIONS BETWEEN ISRAEL AND THE EUROPEAN UNION

      The tension between Israel and the European Union that was already high
      soared further upward when the EU issued a statement on Friday that
      linked the conflict between Israel and the Palestinians to the
      confrontation with Iraq. The statement read, “In this regional context,
      the European Union reiterates its firm belief in the need to invigorate
      the peace process in the Middle East and to resolve the
      Israeli-Palestinian conflict. We continue to support the early
      implementation of the road map...terror and violence must end. So must
      settlement activity.”

      Foreign Minister Binyamin Netanyahu reacted angrily to the statement;
      firing off a letter to all fifteen EU members admonishing that tying the
      Iraqi situation to the Israel/Palestinian conflict could “strengthen the
      danger faced by Israeli citizens and strengthen the instability in the
      region.” Netanyahu expressed his belief that such linkage could provide
      Saddam Hussein with an excuse to attack Israel. In addition to the
      statement in question, the EU also issued a demarche to Israel last week
      (that’s a formal rebuke in diplomatic terms), accusing Israel’s army of
      using excessive force against Palestinian Arabs.

      PROFESSORS 'SUPPORT' ARRESTED ISLAMIC JIHAD LEADER IN S. FLORIDA

      Following the arrest of Sami Al-Arian on a 50-count indictment including
      charges that he is the chief fundraiser for the Islamic Jihad terrorist
      organization, his colleagues at the University of South Florida in Tampa
      have vowed to stand-by him and prevent his firing from his position as
      professor of computer science at the college. USF-Tampa’s suspension of
      Al-Arian has been met by a formal grievance filed by the local chapter of
      the American Association of University Professors. The suspect will
      appear before a Federal Magistrate on Tuesday.

      FORMER IRAQI OFFICER GIVES DETAILS OF BANNED WEAPONS

      A former senior Iraqi air force officer says Saddam Hussein's air force
      has developed a sophisticated delivery and detonation system for weapons
      which can allow lethal chemicals to be mixed in bombs moments before
      detonation for maximum effect, according to a report in the London
      Telegraph.

      The former officer, who has been in hiding since fleeing Baghdad last
      year, claims Baghdad was still pursuing its chemical weapons program when
      he left Iraq – despite its insistence that it had abandoned its weapons
      of mass destruction project after the Gulf war.

      ''Saddam will never surrender these weapons,'' he told the Telegraph.
      "They are as much a part of his life as eating and drinking.''

      The former Iraqi officer described in detail how the chemical bombs and
      sprays were fitted and operated. He said he last witnessed the new bomb
      mechanism being tested – with water and oil rather than chemicals – in
      2000. He says former colleagues confirm the program is still running. He
      said the bombs were divided in two by an internal partition. When loaded
      with chemicals, there was a black liquid in one compartment and a
      yellowish one in the other. The pilots were trained to hit a switch to
      open the partition when they approached their targets, allowing the two
      substances to combine and reach their greatest potency. A few seconds
      later, outer doors on the bottom of the weapon would open automatically,
      releasing the mixture.

      ANOTHER UN RESOLUTION

      President Bush, declaring that Saddam Hussein has not disarmed and does
      not intend to, said Saturday the United States will submit a new
      resolution to the U.N. Security Council early in the week to set the
      stage for war against Iraq.The resolution, to be offered jointly with
      Britain and possibly Spain, will make its case in "clear and simple
      terms," Bush said. A spokesman for British Prime Minister Tony Blair said
      he expected the Security Council to vote on the new resolution by
      mid-March.

      Bush predicted approval, even though disagreements continued among
      sponsors over its wording and whether it should set a specific deadline.
      There has been little support thus far in the 15-member council for
      moving ahead with any new resolution. "We will not allow the Iraqi
      dictator ... to continue to possess or to produce weapons of mass
      destruction," Bush said at a news conference on his ranch with Spanish
      Prime Minister Jose Maria Aznar at his side. Asked if this was the
      Security Council's last chance to show its relevance, Bush answered
      curtly, "Yes."

      The president gave another one-word reply -- "No" -- when asked whether
      he again was willing to wait two months before U.N. action, the length of
      time it took to pass the previous Iraq resolution last fall. "Time is
      short," Bush added.

      A VERY UNUSUAL PIECE FROM ENGLAND'S 'DAILY MIRROR'

      This newspaper which is generally very left wing published the following
      article by one of its staff, a British journalist, Tony Parsons, on
      September 11, 2002, addressed to his fellow countrymen, the British
      citizens of the UK. The paper is not usually supportive of its American
      'Colonials' which makes this article all the more significant. Thanks to
      Moshe Kempinski of Shorashim in the Old City of Jerusalem for sending
      this. Here's the article - well worth reading and pondering.

      One year ago, the world witnessed a unique kind of broadcasting -- the
      mass murder of thousands, live on television. As a lesson in the pitiless
      cruelty of the human race, September 11 was up there with Pol Pot's
      Mountain of Skulls in Cambodia, or the skeletal bodies stacked like
      garbage in the Nazi concentration camps.

      An unspeakable act so cruel, so calculated and so utterly merciless that
      surely the world could agree on one thing - nobody deserves this fate.
      Surely there could be consensus: The victims were truly innocent, the
      perpetrators truly evil.

      But to the world's eternal shame, 9/11 is increasingly seen as America's
      comeuppance. Incredibly, anti-Americanism has increased over the last
      year.

      There has always been a simmering resentment to the USA in this country;
      too loud, too rich, too full of themselves, and so much happier than
      Europeans - but it has become an epidemic. And it seems incredible to me.
      More than that, it turns my stomach.

      America is this country's greatest friend and our staunchest ally. We are
      bonded to the US by culture, language and blood. A little over half a
      century ago, around half a million Americans died for our freedoms, as
      well as their own. Have we forgotten so soon? And exactly a year ago,
      thousands of ordinary men, women and children - not just Americans, but
      from dozens of countries, were butchered by a small group of religious
      fanatics. Are we so quick to betray them?

      What touched the heart about those who died in the Twin Towers and on the
      planes, was that we recognized them. Young fathers and mothers,
      somebody's son and somebody's daughter, husbands, wives, and children,
      some unborn.

      And these people brought it on themselves? Their nation is to blame for
      their meticulously planned slaughter?

      These days you don't have to be some dust-encrusted nut job in Kabul or
      Karachi or Finsbury Park to see America as the Great Satan. The
      anti-American alliance is made up of self-loathing liberals who blame the
      Americans for every ill in the Third World, and conservatives suffering
      from power-envy, bitter that the world's only superpower can do what it
      likes without having to ask permission.

      The truth is that America has behaved with enormous restraint since
      September 11.

      Remember, remember --

      Remember the gut-wrenching tapes of weeping men phoning their wives to
      say, "I love you," before they were burned alive.

      Remember those people leaping to their deaths from the top of burning
      skyscrapers.

      Remember the hundreds of firemen buried alive.

      Remember the smiling face of that beautiful little girl who was on one of
      the planes with her mum.

      Remember, remember --

      And realize that America has never retaliated for 9/11 in anything like
      the way it could have.

      So a few al-Qaeda tourists got locked without a trial in Camp X-ray? Pass
      the Kleenex . . .

      So some Afghan wedding receptions were shot up after they merrily fired
      their semiautomatics into a sky full of American planes? A shame, but
      maybe next time they should stick to confetti.

      AMERICA could have turned a large chunk of the world into a parking lot.
      That it didn't is a sign of strength. American voices are already being
      raised against attacking Iraq - that's what a democracy is for. How many
      in the Islamic world will have a minute's silence for the slaughtered
      innocents of 9/11? How many Islamic leaders will have the guts to say
      that the mass murder of 9/11 was an abomination?

      When the news of 9/11 broke on the West Bank, those freedom-loving
      Palestinians were dancing in the street. America watched all of that -
      and didn't push the button. We should thank the stars that America is the
      most powerful nation in the world. I still find it incredible that
      9/11did not provoke all-out war. Not a "war on terrorism." A real war.

      The fundamentalist dudes are talking about "opening the gates of hell" if
      America attacks Iraq. Well, America could have opened the gates of hell
      like you wouldn't believe.

      The US is the most militarily powerful nation that ever strode the face
      of the earth. The campaign in Afghanistan may have been less than perfect
      and the planned war on Iraq may be misconceived.

      But don't blame America for not bringing peace and light to these
      wretched countries. How many democracies are there in the Middle East, or
      in the Muslim world? You can count them on the fingers of one hand -
      assuming you haven't had any chopped off for minor shoplifting.

      I love America, yet America is hated. I guess that makes me Bush's
      poodle.

      But I would rather be a dog in New York City than a Prince in Riyadh.

      Above all, America is hated because it is what every country wants to be
      -rich, free, strong, open, optimistic. Not ground down by the past, or
      religion, or some caste system. America is the best friend this country
      ever had and we should start remembering that.

      Or do you really think the USA is the root of all evil? Tell it to the
      loved ones of the men and women who leaped to their death from the
      burning towers.

      Tell it to the nursing mothers whose husbands died on one of the hijacked
      planes, or were ripped apart in a collapsing skyscraper. And tell it to
      the hundreds of young widows whose husbands worked for the New York Fire
      Department.

      To our shame, George Bush gets a worse press than Saddam Hussein. Once we
      were told that Saddam gassed the Kurds, tortured his own people and set
      up rape-camps in Kuwait. Now we are told he likes Quality Street. Save me
      the orange center, Oh Mighty One!

      Remember, remember, September 11 --

      One of the greatest atrocities in human history was committed against
      America.

      No, do more than remember. Never forget.

      Shalom,

      Barbara

      www.foryourglory.org

      For Zion's sake I will not be silent, for Jerusalem's sake I will not
      hold my peace...

      This email was sent to you as a subscriber to For Your Glory. If you
      would like to unsubscribe, please send email to
      unsubscribe@....

      If this email was forwarded to you and you want to be part of this email
      list, you can subscribe to For Your Glory by sending an email to
      subscribe@....