  • David <b1blancer1@earthlink.net>
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 10, 2003
      Although still elevated over the 400 km/sec mark, the solar wind speed
      is continuing its slow decline. The trend should continue over the
      next few days, barring any unforseen events. There are seven small
      sunspot regions visible tonight, but none look to have any flare
      producing potential at this time. There is a coronal hole that is
      just now emerging over the eastern limb of the solar disk. We should
      have a better idea in the next day or two of its exaxct size,
      position, and coverage. A south-pointing Interplanetary Magnetic
      Field is keeping the geomagnetic field K index in the unsettled
      category for the time being.

      Solar wind density : 3.2 protons/sec

      IMF Orientation : 5.2 nT South

      Solar activity is expected to continue at low levels. Very isolated
      low C-class flares are possible.

      Geomagnetic activity forecast :
      The geomagnetic field is expected to continue at quiet to unsettled
      levels with isolated active periods possible during local nighttime hours.

    • Mike Doran <mike@usinter.net>
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 11, 2003
        The TC activity in a string of four continues due west of Madigaskger
        (spelling).

        Very interesting!

        --- In methanehydrateclub@yahoogroups.com, "David <b1blancer1@e...>"