Re: On the Baltic Sea freezing hard this winter:

  • Mike Doran <mike@usinter.net>
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 7, 2003
      Hi Fred:

      IMHO the NAO is EMF related too, w/ fair weather and convective
      regions defined by biological activity and persistant EMFs--that
      tends to modulate chemistry and upwelling conditions. Here is some
      more of the same topic from another bb--I respond not there but here:

      http://www.cfis.org/ubb/Forum2/HTML/000641.html

      wehappyfew Member posted 02-05-2003 11:20 PM writes:

      "Baltic drainage glaciers:
      http://nsidc.org/data/glacier_inventory/scandinavia.html

      It looks like you are correct - the Atlantic Ocean captures most of
      the Scandinavian glaciers."

      My comments:

      There are bigtime Gaia reasons for this. Fresher water bodies are not
      going to have the salinity to conduct large scale EMFs as well--and
      are likely to be colder in the winter when snow is laid, not rain.
      EMFs from biological activity isn't going to happen due to upwelling
      patterns and algae's seasonal patterns. It's all electrical and
      biological.

      "Baltic drainage glaciers do exist, though. "

      Only from its proximaty to Atlantic gaia feedbacks.

      "Nevertheless, I suspect the total amount of meltwater from even a
      rapidly melting collection of glaciers would be negligible compared
      to the normal rainfall in the Baltic basin. "

      SUMMER precip differs markedly from winter--again indicating the
      electrical and biological nature of things.

      "I'll accept your hypothesis of unusually high rainfall last summer
      as the culprit for lowered salinity leading to increased freezing
      (assuming salinity is, in fact, lower). "

      There are some important CME, electrical things going on with respect
      to the sun and the double peak top we had last year in the solar
      flaring cycle and those storms. And as you move more toward the poles
      in either direction there is an electrical idea that must be
      introduced. Now, I have mentioned how charge separation of convection
      acts like an amplifying transister in that you get an input signal
      from a solar wind pulse of protons and that causes Doran waves that
      go first from the south to the north, and the induction averages to
      actually produce the current in the earth that comprises the earth's
      EMF, the amplification is so strong and bio modulated.

      Now, there is a question if there can be weather in the further
      northern reaches how can solar activity both cause the wave in non
      convective, not EMF distorting areas of charge separation and yet
      have storms that ARE EMF distorting compared to the solar input.

      The best answer is "back EMF". IOW once a storm ends from the tropics
      back there will be a short EMF burst. IMHO this is where you will see
      cyclonic activity start . . .

      "But the other big factor in Baltic salinity is wind and weather
      driving big blobs of normal ocean salinity water through the Denmark
      Straits in a highly irregular and episodic fashion. I believe it has
      been several years, if not decades since the last big infusion of
      ocean water. "

      Persistant wind patterns are part of a living earth. Indeed, more
      chaotic winds would dictate saline conditions, but the sustained
      winds are more about a living earth.

      "I contend the Baltic is too heavily influenced by these factors to
      draw global warming/cooling conclusions from... but you knew that
      already, didn't you? "

      And that contention would be wrong because just the glacial layout
      tells you about Gaia, and the flooding anomalies and freezing
      anomalies tell you Gaia poor--as in poorly modulated.

      wehappyfew Member posted 02-06-2003 10:20 PM also writes:

      "The only reason Scandinavia and Northern Europe don't have the same
      climate as the Hudson Bay is the Gulf Stream. If the Gulf Stream
      circulation changes, the climate of Scandinavia changes - maybe
      dramatically."

      No. The Gulf Stream brings warm and saline waters--but hardly has
      enough energy to cause the warming in the place it does. What REALLy
      is occurring is warm salty water is more EMF conductive and it
      carries conductively charges from charge separating storm activity
      further south and further causes upwelling of biological material to
      go along with the sinking of salty waters that have had surface
      waters evaporated away. This allows Doran waves to extend far north.
      Cirrus are enhanced and cause uplifting of air and surface lows.

      --- In methanehydrateclub@yahoogroups.com, "fredwx1 <fredwx1@y...>"
      <fredwx1@y...> wrote:
      > Another factor is that the North Atlantic Oscillation has gone
      > negitive this winter
      >
      > Negative NAO Index:
      > The negative NAO index phase shows a weak subtropical high and a
      weak
      > Icelandic low.
      >
      > The reduced pressure gradient results in fewer and weaker winter
      > storms crossing on a more west-east pathway.
      >
      > They bring moist air into the Mediterranean and cold air to
      northern
      > Europe (Baltic Sea freezes?)
      >
      > The US east coast experiences more cold air outbreaks and hence
      snowy
      > weather. (Bingo this year)
      >
      > --- In methanehydrateclub@yahoogroups.com, "Mike Doran <mike@u...>"
      > <mike@u...> wrote:
      > >

      > > http://www.helsinki-hs.net/news.asp?id=20030108IE1
      > >
      > > Thanks to the cold weather of recent weeks, the ice cover along
      the
      > > Finnish coasts is more extensive than in decades. Experts say
      that
      > > the whole Baltic Sea could freeze over all the way to the Straits
      > of
      > > Denmark, for the first time since 1948.
      > >
      > > Here is a link that monitors the ice:
      > >
      > > http://www2.fimr.fi/en/palvelut/jaapalvelu/jaatilanne.html
      > >
      > > Some Gaia comments.
      > >
      > > First, it is my view that one of the things that has kept us out
      > > neo glacial is the Black Sea. What happened is that about 7,000
      > years
      > > ago as we emerged from the Milankovitch solar insOlation cycle
      peak
      > > that melted ice that had covered 1/3 of the terresphere down to
      > about
      > > 10%, the area which is the Black Sea, which was a smaller glacial
      > > fresh water lake, flooded with sea water. Indeed, this became the
      > > legand of Noah in some scholar's opinions, and this is an opinion
      > > with which I tend to agree.
      > > But my Gaia take is that the rains FOLLOWED the back flood. The
      > idea
      > > is simple. Once an inland sea, the Black Sea became a conductive
      > body
      > > that enhanced cirrus clouds electrically in the region. It is
      large
      > > enough to even have inducting surface current movements!
      Moreover,
      > > algae blooms can add to the dynamic--as biological containment of
      > > more conductive ions occurs over the diffusive processes of
      random
      > > chemistry of the lake. A fresh water lake is apt to freeze over
      in
      > > the winter and has different stratification cooling than a salt
      > lake
      > > does. Once there is ice, it not only has hard albedo values but
      ice
      > > is EMF insulating. [For more on this visit our yahoo group and
      > search
      > > Noah--I have several comments and links on the Black Sea, Noah
      > myth,
      > > and Gaia].
      > >
      > > When the Baltic freezes like this--it has the duel impact of
      ending
      > > conduction and causing albedo change based surface reflection to
      > > decrease the amount of energy retained on the surface. This is
      part
      > > of the cold we have experianced this winter, in a so-called El
      Nino