Re: Plasma discharges

  • David <b1blancer1@earthlink.net>
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 6, 2003
      --- In methanehydrateclub@yahoogroups.com, "kirk" <kirk@3...> wrote:

      > Plasma discharges
      >

      > I would like to call your attention to this article concerning high
      > energy electrical phenomena in near space:
      > http://www.afrlhorizons.com/Briefs/0001/VS9904.html
      > Please look towards the end of the article for reference to
      discharging
      > voltage
      > accumulations on space vehicles.

      VERY interesting article, Kirk! Thank you for posting that! Unless
      I misread, the article was talking about the charging of satellites
      in geosynchronous orbit, and not low Earth orbit an re-entering
      vehicles. I hope we get to see the picture that was supposedly taken
      by the amateur photographer in California. I must say, the
      circumstances seem a bit weird. He wants to remain anonymous, and he
      doesn't want to publicly release the picture until NASA takes a look
      at it. Meanwhile, NASA doesn't say a word about it directly, but
      says yesterday that they are looking at "other things" than the foam
      impact as the cause of the accident.

      Then again, maybe I've just been hanging around the conspiracy
      websites too much! :-/