Plasma discharges

  • kirk
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 5, 2003
      Plasma discharges

      I would like to call your attention to this article concerning high
      energy electrical phenomena in near space:
      http://www.afrlhorizons.com/Briefs/0001/VS9904.html
      Please look towards the end of the article for reference to discharging
      voltage
      accumulations on space vehicles.
    • David <b1blancer1@earthlink.net>
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 6, 2003
        --- In methanehydrateclub@yahoogroups.com, "kirk" <kirk@3...> wrote:

        > Plasma discharges
        >

        > I would like to call your attention to this article concerning high
        > energy electrical phenomena in near space:
        > http://www.afrlhorizons.com/Briefs/0001/VS9904.html
        > Please look towards the end of the article for reference to
        discharging
        > voltage
        > accumulations on space vehicles.

        VERY interesting article, Kirk! Thank you for posting that! Unless
        I misread, the article was talking about the charging of satellites
        in geosynchronous orbit, and not low Earth orbit an re-entering
        vehicles. I hope we get to see the picture that was supposedly taken
        by the amateur photographer in California. I must say, the
        circumstances seem a bit weird. He wants to remain anonymous, and he
        doesn't want to publicly release the picture until NASA takes a look
        at it. Meanwhile, NASA doesn't say a word about it directly, but
        says yesterday that they are looking at "other things" than the foam
        impact as the cause of the accident.

        Then again, maybe I've just been hanging around the conspiracy
        websites too much! :-/