Re: [Methane Hydrate Club] Soler Activity Report for 1/20/03

  • foryeshua1@juno.com
    Message 1 of 8 , Jan 23, 2003
      It would occur to me that of all of the holes found in the South that
      some would not be capable of joining the SE because of their specific
      direction of discharge, referring to the fact that coronal activity I
      have observed was expressed in large curling loops which if broken open
      might discharge their power in many different directions, (if I am
      talking about the same phenomena you are referring to.) or their relative
      strength, or possibly other variables which we do not even know about. If
      these ideas make way for conditions that would allow some of the South
      holes to be forcing in the exact way that they would need to have to make
      their influence be added to the SE, then I see no reason to reject my
      postulations. Walter

      On Thu, 23 Jan 2003 04:05:06 -0000 "David <b1blancer1@...>"
      <b1blancer1@...> writes:

      > I would identify this unexpected increase to the positioning of this
      > coronal hole near the SE as it makes its way out of the Sun's South
      pole.
      > Somewhat joining the SE and adding its force to it as it comes
      toward the
      > South and out and up through every planet in our system and back to
      the
      > Sun's North pole. Walter

      Well, if that were true, you'd expect to see enhanced solar wind
      activity from every southern hemisphere coronal hole, but that isn't
      the case.

      Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

    • David <b1blancer1@earthlink.net>
      Message 2 of 8 , Jan 25, 2003
        --- In methanehydrateclub@yahoogroups.com, foryeshua1@j... wrote:
        > It would occur to me that of all of the holes found in the South that
        > some would not be capable of joining the SE because of their specific
        > direction of discharge, referring to the fact that coronal activity I
        > have observed was expressed in large curling loops which if broken open
        > might discharge their power in many different directions, (if I am
        > talking about the same phenomena you are referring to.)

        Loops and coronal holes are two different things. A coronal hole is
        basically where the sun's magnetic field lines open up. When viewed
        in certain UV ranges, they look like a dark area on the solar disk, as
        can be seen here :
        http://soho.nascom.nasa.gov/pickoftheweek/old/12sep2002/index.html .
        Coronal holes are usually located at the sun's poles, but sometimes
        they can be seen at other places on the sun as well.
      • foryeshua1@juno.com
        Message 3 of 8 , Feb 3, 2003
          David, You say coronal holes are usually located at the poles? North
          and South? Do they appear in both poles possibly at the same time on
          both poles? If they appear there they could be pumping currents out into
          space into the center of the galaxy, and would indicate a possible power
          source for the center of the galaxy It would not necessarily even affect
          a slower and possibly much less intense current generation that would
          cause the SE I am talking about. If these holes on the poles are related
          to outer Solar galaxy functions, they may be part of the system that
          keeps us in our rotating position in the galaxy. Walter

          On Sun, 26 Jan 2003 06:49:50 -0000 "David <b1blancer1@...>"
          <b1blancer1@...> writes:
          --- In methanehydrateclub@yahoogroups.com, foryeshua1@j... wrote:
          > It would occur to me that of all of the holes found in the South that
          > some would not be capable of joining the SE because of their specific
          > direction of discharge, referring to the fact that coronal activity I
          > have observed was expressed in large curling loops which if broken open
          > might discharge their power in many different directions, (if I am
          > talking about the same phenomena you are referring to.)

          Loops and coronal holes are two different things. A coronal hole is
          basically where the sun's magnetic field lines open up. When viewed
          in certain UV ranges, they look like a dark area on the solar disk, as
          can be seen here :
          http://soho.nascom.nasa.gov/pickoftheweek/old/12sep2002/index.html .
          Coronal holes are usually located at the sun's poles, but sometimes
          they can be seen at other places on the sun as well.

          When they do appear not on the poles are they more obvious in their
          affects upon earth? Walter

          Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

        • Mike Doran <mike@usinter.net>
          Message 4 of 8 , Feb 4, 2003
            Certainly the question is then over causal mechanism over
            correlations--and to be sure initially I was incorrect in what I
            thought were the mechanisms, and I am not even talking about hydrates
            and phase change tempertures--but CO2 as a green house gas--the
            dominate dogma of the left at this time. Yet, if you take a step back
            from there the REAL question is whether or not human activity, by
            burning fossil fuels, deforestation, hydrology changes and so forth,
            is causing a problem with climate and if so what are the costs and
            benefits.

            Here we certainly have said to you that we disagree with your causal
            mechanism of the SE BUT that you have found correlative data that is
            interesting and perhaps there is another mechanism?

            Indeed, to reverse this, look at the reaction to Lindzen's 'iris'
            paper by the warmers. Certainly Lindzen was wrong in his
            extrapolations, BUT, his paper did indeed pick out the electrical
            problem with cirrus behavior and a pure, thermodyanamic view of
            things. The failure of cloud scientists to look at what was
            correlated and opposed to merely what was speculated to be causal has
            been the undoing of skeptical science on the side of the warmers.

            Another example that is relevant here--that hurt my own thinking
            until just recently, was the double dymino theory on the earth's EMF.
            Tim Thompson, a NASA scientist, has a great online paper about it
            here:

            http://www.talkorigins.org/faqs/magfields.html

            Tim actually debated here and mostly at CNN. My view is he
            subconsiously was looking at the same thing I eventually came up
            with . . .

            In any event, Tim holds for the double dymino theory of EMFs, DESPITE
            the fact that it is not settled science, because much of thinker's
            like Thomas Barnes work has been discredited or Barne's motivations
            are religious. But let's just say there are a number who have failed
            because they haven't followed the inferences and eliminated all
            possible solutions. It really starts out with this 1992 research:

            An abstract about measurable induction by ocean currents:

            http://www.gfdl.gov/~gth/netscape/1992/dbs9201.html

            BUT, this is merely what ocean currents are like in the context of
            the earth's EMF and ignores the "noise" of other EMFs--including the
            huge EMFs by strikes that are short in duration and regional in
            proximaty and scale.

            The wrong headed assumption made was that the storm based EMFs
            weren't the CAUSE of the earth's EMF and so were in line with it
            qualitatively. This then is enough to explain the 'iris' from an EMF
            induction standpoint in the context of the earth's EMF--because that
            EMF is related to pulses of AC from the poles, particularly the south
            one, which are amplified by convection and charge separation as EMF
            cirrus enhancement works its magic. Eventually the wave grows strong
            enough to have induction of its own and pass on its positive to
            negative current movement--as in the source of the world's EMF.

            This ties to yet another mistake--that being what amounts to small
            current pulses from the sun in the solar wind don't have a climate
            implication--because indeed the currents involved are small, BUT, in
            regions of the poles where convection is weak, the start of a Doran
            wave, where the solar pulse follows the tight isobars of the magnetic
            poles--and commences it, can and does expand to the inducting AC
            Doran waves which both create the earth's EMF and is the source of
            larger induction fields that ocean currents move relative too.

            BUT, if small pulses of solar wind can impact the earth's climate
            perhaps a small force from the SE can be implicated as well. So far,
            however, I am not satisfied with your reasoning.

            ++++++++++++++++++

            http://www.weatherimages.org/data/imag87.html

            Strike link is still down. It times somewhat with the Challenger
            disaster. Wonder if NASA people are being relocated or something--if
            there is a tie to it being down.

            Service.

          • David <b1blancer1@earthlink.net>
            Message 5 of 8 , Feb 4, 2003
              --- In methanehydrateclub@yahoogroups.com, foryeshua1@j... wrote:
              > David, You say coronal holes are usually located at the poles? North
              > and South? Do they appear in both poles possibly at the same time on
              > both poles?

              Yes, coronal holes can usually be found at the solar poles. The
              magnetic fields around coronal holes are different. Instead of looping
              back to reconnect on the sun's surface, they are essentially open.
              They extend far out into the solar system and no one knows exactly
              where they reconnect. Rather than trapping gas and the solar wind, the
              open field lines of a coronal hole allow high-speed solar wind
              particles to escape.

              > If they appear there they could be pumping currents out into
              > space into the center of the galaxy, and would indicate a possible power
              > source for the center of the galaxy

              Power for the center of the galaxy?? Walter, you're talking about
              something that's about 50,000 light years away. I think the black
              hole residing there does a pretty good job.
            • foryeshua1@juno.com
              Message 6 of 8 , Feb 4, 2003
                David, I say something at the end. Walter

                On Wed, 05 Feb 2003 03:30:03 -0000 "David <b1blancer1@...>"
                <b1blancer1@...> writes:
                --- In methanehydrateclub@yahoogroups.com, foryeshua1@j... wrote:
                > David, You say coronal holes are usually located at the poles? North
                > and South? Do they appear in both poles possibly at the same time on
                > both poles?

                Yes, coronal holes can usually be found at the solar poles. The
                magnetic fields around coronal holes are different. Instead of looping
                back to reconnect on the sun's surface, they are essentially open.
                They extend far out into the solar system and no one knows exactly
                where they reconnect. Rather than trapping gas and the solar wind, the
                open field lines of a coronal hole allow high-speed solar wind
                particles to escape.

                > If they appear there they could be pumping currents out into
                > space into the center of the galaxy, and would indicate a possible
                power
                > source for the center of the galaxy

                Power for the center of the galaxy?? Walter, you're talking about
                something that's about 50,000 light years away. I think the black
                hole residing there does a pretty good job.

                David, It would seem obvious that function follows available power and
                the laws related to transfer of power. For a starter. What keeps a
                galaxy in place with its solar systems rotating in relation to its
                center. Irregardless of our estimations based upon what forces and
                speeds are possible in these relationship rotations in our galaxy, the
                fact remains that solar systems are rotating around a center "black hole"
                and that each of which MUST be related to the center or we would not be
                held together and rotating around it.
                Consider the rotation as following the right hand rule, and
                bingo, simple electrical rules on earth in our hands and through our
                total environment are seen in action. As simply as it can be explained.
                Our Sun's superior size and position in our Solar system, would make the
                planets in comparison to our Sun, as unimportant as the electrons are to
                the Proton of an atom. Though the electrons do have important
                characteristics, the power of the Atom center is what is commanding its
                relational properties as well as the rotation of its atoms. Our Sun is
                the centering power, and rotating force controlling the motion of the
                planets, while at the same time it is controlling and being controlled
                by, all of the other Planetary systems in relationship to the center
                "Black Hole". The shape of that central rotating squeezer is shooting
                energy out in a stream that is literally holding and being fed by the
                whole galaxy. Close by are the germinating nurserys that are making new
                worlds and Solar Systems.
                Our earth is being powered by weak eddy currents which are
                feeding and powering all of the planets to do what they are doing, and
                how fast they are doing it.
                It appears that historically not understanding our position in
                our solar system and our galaxy is quite related to our inability to
                understand which object in our vision is actually in the center of what
                we behold. We have been slow to figure that out, but perhaps we will
                learn enough to really see what is powering what.
                I am honored by your consideration what has been said. Perhaps
                together we really can figure this thing out. May God bless us all.
                Walter