Re: [Methane Hydrate Club] Soler Activity Report for 1/20/03

  • foryeshua1@juno.com
    Message 1 of 8 , Jan 21, 2003
      On Tue, 21 Jan 2003 04:02:30 -0000 "David <b1blancer1@...>"
      <b1blancer1@...> writes:
      The solar wind speed has surpassed the 700 km/sec mark as a pair of
      coronal holes make their effects known. The solar wind we are
      experiencing now is from a coronal hole that has now passed its
      Earth-pointing position. Interestingly enough, this coronal hole,
      which was located mainly in the southern hemisphere of the sun, wasn't
      expected to have much effect. On the contrary, the solar wind speed
      has increased quite a bit,
      I would identify this unexpected increase to the positioning of this
      coronal hole near the SE as it makes its way out of the Sun's South pole.
      Somewhat joining the SE and adding its force to it as it comes toward the
      South and out and up through every planet in our system and back to the
      Sun's North pole. Walter

      and G-1 geomagnetic storm conditions have
      been observed within the last 24 hours. There's another coronal hole
      right on the heels of the one that just passed. The solar wind speed
      should remain elevated for several more days, and more geomagnetic
      activity is possibility. Although there hasn't been a formal aurora
      watch issued, there is a chance for some aurora in the higher
      latitudes. There a few small sunspot regions visible, but none appear
      to have any flare generating potential at this time.

      Solar wind pressure : n/a

      IMF : 9.2 nT
      IMF Orientation : 1.4 nT South

      Solar activity is expected to be at low levels.

      Geomagnetic activity forecast :
      The geomagnetic field is expected to be at quiet to active conditions
      for day one of the period as the favorably positioned coronal hole
      wanes. Day two should see a return to predominantly unsettled
      conditions. By day three a transequatorial recurrent coronal hole
      should become geoeffective producing active to minor storm levels at
      both middle and high latitudes.

      Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

    • David <b1blancer1@earthlink.net>
      Message 2 of 8 , Jan 22, 2003
        > I would identify this unexpected increase to the positioning of this
        > coronal hole near the SE as it makes its way out of the Sun's South
        pole.
        > Somewhat joining the SE and adding its force to it as it comes
        toward the
        > South and out and up through every planet in our system and back to the
        > Sun's North pole. Walter

        Well, if that were true, you'd expect to see enhanced solar wind
        activity from every southern hemisphere coronal hole, but that isn't
        the case.
      • foryeshua1@juno.com
        Message 3 of 8 , Jan 23, 2003
          It would occur to me that of all of the holes found in the South that
          some would not be capable of joining the SE because of their specific
          direction of discharge, referring to the fact that coronal activity I
          have observed was expressed in large curling loops which if broken open
          might discharge their power in many different directions, (if I am
          talking about the same phenomena you are referring to.) or their relative
          strength, or possibly other variables which we do not even know about. If
          these ideas make way for conditions that would allow some of the South
          holes to be forcing in the exact way that they would need to have to make
          their influence be added to the SE, then I see no reason to reject my
          postulations. Walter

          Message 4 of 8 , Jan 25, 2003
            --- In methanehydrateclub@yahoogroups.com, foryeshua1@j... wrote:
            > It would occur to me that of all of the holes found in the South that
            > some would not be capable of joining the SE because of their specific
            > direction of discharge, referring to the fact that coronal activity I
            > have observed was expressed in large curling loops which if broken open
            > might discharge their power in many different directions, (if I am
            > talking about the same phenomena you are referring to.)

            Loops and coronal holes are two different things. A coronal hole is
            basically where the sun's magnetic field lines open up. When viewed
            in certain UV ranges, they look like a dark area on the solar disk, as
            can be seen here :
            http://soho.nascom.nasa.gov/pickoftheweek/old/12sep2002/index.html .
            Coronal holes are usually located at the sun's poles, but sometimes
            they can be seen at other places on the sun as well.
          • foryeshua1@juno.com
            Message 5 of 8 , Feb 3, 2003
              David, You say coronal holes are usually located at the poles? North
              and South? Do they appear in both poles possibly at the same time on
              both poles? If they appear there they could be pumping currents out into
              space into the center of the galaxy, and would indicate a possible power
              source for the center of the galaxy It would not necessarily even affect
              a slower and possibly much less intense current generation that would
              cause the SE I am talking about. If these holes on the poles are related
              to outer Solar galaxy functions, they may be part of the system that
              keeps us in our rotating position in the galaxy. Walter

              On Sun, 26 Jan 2003 06:49:50 -0000 "David <b1blancer1@...>"
              <b1blancer1@...> writes:
              --- In methanehydrateclub@yahoogroups.com, foryeshua1@j... wrote:
              > It would occur to me that of all of the holes found in the South that
              > some would not be capable of joining the SE because of their specific
              > direction of discharge, referring to the fact that coronal activity I
              > have observed was expressed in large curling loops which if broken open
              > might discharge their power in many different directions, (if I am
              > talking about the same phenomena you are referring to.)

              Loops and coronal holes are two different things. A coronal hole is
              basically where the sun's magnetic field lines open up. When viewed
              in certain UV ranges, they look like a dark area on the solar disk, as
              can be seen here :
              http://soho.nascom.nasa.gov/pickoftheweek/old/12sep2002/index.html .
              Coronal holes are usually located at the sun's poles, but sometimes
              they can be seen at other places on the sun as well.

              When they do appear not on the poles are they more obvious in their
              affects upon earth? Walter

              Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

            • Mike Doran <mike@usinter.net>
              Message 6 of 8 , Feb 4, 2003
                Certainly the question is then over causal mechanism over
                correlations--and to be sure initially I was incorrect in what I
                thought were the mechanisms, and I am not even talking about hydrates
                and phase change tempertures--but CO2 as a green house gas--the
                dominate dogma of the left at this time. Yet, if you take a step back
                from there the REAL question is whether or not human activity, by
                burning fossil fuels, deforestation, hydrology changes and so forth,
                is causing a problem with climate and if so what are the costs and
                benefits.

                Here we certainly have said to you that we disagree with your causal
                mechanism of the SE BUT that you have found correlative data that is
                interesting and perhaps there is another mechanism?

                Indeed, to reverse this, look at the reaction to Lindzen's 'iris'
                paper by the warmers. Certainly Lindzen was wrong in his
                extrapolations, BUT, his paper did indeed pick out the electrical
                problem with cirrus behavior and a pure, thermodyanamic view of
                things. The failure of cloud scientists to look at what was
                correlated and opposed to merely what was speculated to be causal has
                been the undoing of skeptical science on the side of the warmers.

                Another example that is relevant here--that hurt my own thinking
                until just recently, was the double dymino theory on the earth's EMF.
                Tim Thompson, a NASA scientist, has a great online paper about it
                here:

                http://www.talkorigins.org/faqs/magfields.html

                Tim actually debated here and mostly at CNN. My view is he
                subconsiously was looking at the same thing I eventually came up
                with . . .

                In any event, Tim holds for the double dymino theory of EMFs, DESPITE
                the fact that it is not settled science, because much of thinker's
                like Thomas Barnes work has been discredited or Barne's motivations
                are religious. But let's just say there are a number who have failed
                because they haven't followed the inferences and eliminated all
                possible solutions. It really starts out with this 1992 research:

                An abstract about measurable induction by ocean currents:

                http://www.gfdl.gov/~gth/netscape/1992/dbs9201.html

                BUT, this is merely what ocean currents are like in the context of
                the earth's EMF and ignores the "noise" of other EMFs--including the
                huge EMFs by strikes that are short in duration and regional in
                proximaty and scale.

                The wrong headed assumption made was that the storm based EMFs
                weren't the CAUSE of the earth's EMF and so were in line with it
                qualitatively. This then is enough to explain the 'iris' from an EMF
                induction standpoint in the context of the earth's EMF--because that
                EMF is related to pulses of AC from the poles, particularly the south
                one, which are amplified by convection and charge separation as EMF
                cirrus enhancement works its magic. Eventually the wave grows strong
                enough to have induction of its own and pass on its positive to
                negative current movement--as in the source of the world's EMF.

                This ties to yet another mistake--that being what amounts to small
                current pulses from the sun in the solar wind don't have a climate
                implication--because indeed the currents involved are small, BUT, in
                regions of the poles where convection is weak, the start of a Doran
                wave, where the solar pulse follows the tight isobars of the magnetic
                poles--and commences it, can and does expand to the inducting AC
                Doran waves which both create the earth's EMF and is the source of
                larger induction fields that ocean currents move relative too.

                BUT, if small pulses of solar wind can impact the earth's climate
                perhaps a small force from the SE can be implicated as well. So far,
                however, I am not satisfied with your reasoning.

                ++++++++++++++++++

                http://www.weatherimages.org/data/imag87.html

                Strike link is still down. It times somewhat with the Challenger
                disaster. Wonder if NASA people are being relocated or something--if
                there is a tie to it being down.

                Service.

              • David <b1blancer1@earthlink.net>
                Message 7 of 8 , Feb 4, 2003
                  --- In methanehydrateclub@yahoogroups.com, foryeshua1@j... wrote:
                  > David, You say coronal holes are usually located at the poles? North
                  > and South? Do they appear in both poles possibly at the same time on
                  > both poles?

                  Yes, coronal holes can usually be found at the solar poles. The
                  magnetic fields around coronal holes are different. Instead of looping
                  back to reconnect on the sun's surface, they are essentially open.
                  They extend far out into the solar system and no one knows exactly
                  where they reconnect. Rather than trapping gas and the solar wind, the
                  open field lines of a coronal hole allow high-speed solar wind
                  particles to escape.

                  > If they appear there they could be pumping currents out into
                  > space into the center of the galaxy, and would indicate a possible power
                  > source for the center of the galaxy

                  Power for the center of the galaxy?? Walter, you're talking about
                  something that's about 50,000 light years away. I think the black
                  hole residing there does a pretty good job.
                • foryeshua1@juno.com
                  Message 8 of 8 , Feb 4, 2003
                    David, I say something at the end. Walter

                    On Wed, 05 Feb 2003 03:30:03 -0000 "David <b1blancer1@...>"
                    <b1blancer1@...> writes:
                    --- In methanehydrateclub@yahoogroups.com, foryeshua1@j... wrote:
                    > David, You say coronal holes are usually located at the poles? North
                    > and South? Do they appear in both poles possibly at the same time on
                    > both poles?

                    Yes, coronal holes can usually be found at the solar poles. The
                    magnetic fields around coronal holes are different. Instead of looping
                    back to reconnect on the sun's surface, they are essentially open.
                    They extend far out into the solar system and no one knows exactly
                    where they reconnect. Rather than trapping gas and the solar wind, the
                    open field lines of a coronal hole allow high-speed solar wind
                    particles to escape.

                    > If they appear there they could be pumping currents out into
                    > space into the center of the galaxy, and would indicate a possible
                    power
                    > source for the center of the galaxy

                    Power for the center of the galaxy?? Walter, you're talking about
                    something that's about 50,000 light years away. I think the black
                    hole residing there does a pretty good job.

                    David, It would seem obvious that function follows available power and
                    the laws related to transfer of power. For a starter. What keeps a
                    galaxy in place with its solar systems rotating in relation to its
                    center. Irregardless of our estimations based upon what forces and
                    speeds are possible in these relationship rotations in our galaxy, the
                    fact remains that solar systems are rotating around a center "black hole"
                    and that each of which MUST be related to the center or we would not be
                    held together and rotating around it.
                    Consider the rotation as following the right hand rule, and
                    bingo, simple electrical rules on earth in our hands and through our
                    total environment are seen in action. As simply as it can be explained.
                    Our Sun's superior size and position in our Solar system, would make the
                    planets in comparison to our Sun, as unimportant as the electrons are to
                    the Proton of an atom. Though the electrons do have important
                    characteristics, the power of the Atom center is what is commanding its
                    relational properties as well as the rotation of its atoms. Our Sun is
                    the centering power, and rotating force controlling the motion of the
                    planets, while at the same time it is controlling and being controlled
                    by, all of the other Planetary systems in relationship to the center
                    "Black Hole". The shape of that central rotating squeezer is shooting
                    energy out in a stream that is literally holding and being fed by the
                    whole galaxy. Close by are the germinating nurserys that are making new
                    worlds and Solar Systems.
                    Our earth is being powered by weak eddy currents which are
                    feeding and powering all of the planets to do what they are doing, and
                    how fast they are doing it.
                    It appears that historically not understanding our position in
                    our solar system and our galaxy is quite related to our inability to
                    understand which object in our vision is actually in the center of what
                    we behold. We have been slow to figure that out, but perhaps we will
                    learn enough to really see what is powering what.
                    I am honored by your consideration what has been said. Perhaps
                    together we really can figure this thing out. May God bless us all.
                    Walter