Re: Extreme weather, MHs, electrical asp

  • Pawnfart
    Message 1 of 702 , Feb 1, 2001
      Let me start with the definition that SST = sea
      surface temperatures. SSTs, in my view, control hurricane
      and other types of weather. For instance, I link
      below a study that shows that the monsoon in Arizona
      depends on the surface temperatures of the waters in the
      Gulf of California. See:
      Chicago was related to what is happening in the Southern
      basin on the surface of the ocean from the alterations
      of the Orinoco river. More energy is contained in
      the top ten feet of ocean water than in the entire
      troposphere, and when that energy is moved about by the
      methanogens, it completely alters climate.<br><br>Please
      examine the SST anomolies for July 1 of last year:
      anomolies just north of Venezuala in the Southern ocean!
      The Orinoco has had HUGE dams built apon her within
      the past few years. This restricts the flow of the
      river in particular in their winter and early spring.
      In contrast, farming practices and the way that the
      rivers have matured from human activity or had human
      activity that varied the flow to carry more sediments has
      increased the SSTs in the Gulf of Mexico during the mid
      summer. The result is hot summers proximate to the Gulf
      of Mexico but cool summers further north, which
      isn't reached by the monsoonal flow. Now compare those
      SSTs to a few months later, as both prevailing surface
      currents take the cool surface waters into the southern
      part of the Gulf of Mexico AND river flow increases,
      despite the dams, from over flow of spring rains there in
      Venezuala, and sed rates get going:
      as tropical storms are lows that depressurize
      methane hydrates--if there are favorable conditions for
      this to happen. <br><br>You can really see climate
      altering influence of the Orinoco changes before (1999)
      when the terrible dry season December flooding that
      killed 30,000 in Venazuala occurred:
      the Orinoco was anomoly warm while water almost
      everywhere else is either cold or very cold. <br><br>1999 it
      was the same story, anomoly cool summer SSTs:
      connected by the sat data. Because we didn't have sats
      flying around taking precise readings of ocean
      temperatures in 1888, we have to use something different to
      compare notes on river activity and ocean temperatures.
      What we did have were Monks and Priests in the Gulf
      recording hurricanes-- taking barametric pressures and wind
      speeds, and recording what sailors discovered. And since
      hurricanes depend on SSTs for energy, we know by "proxy"
      what the SSTs were.
      Message 702 of 702 , Mar 1, 2002
        On Feb 28th, the Interplanetary Magnetic Field
        swung to a strong south-pointing orientation. That,
        coupled with an elevated solar wind speed and density,
        triggered a G-1 class geomagnetic storm. The result was
        some high latitude aurora. See this link for a
        photgraph of aurora observed over Quebec :
        namely 9839, 9842, and 9845, that appear to be capable
        of producing M-class flares. Regions 9839 and 9842
        are close to rotating out of view over the western
        limb of the solar disk. Sunspot region 9845, however,
        is close to the sun's central meridian. A rather
        large coronal hole is also approaching the sun's
        central meridian, and coming into an Earth-pointing
        position. High speed colar wind gusts are likely around the
        first of next week.<br><br>The current solar and
        geomagnetic conditions are :<br><br>NOAA sunspot number :
        wind speed : 372.3 km/sec<br>Solar wind density : 4.4
        the last 24 hours : <br>Solar activity was low. The
        geomagnetic field was quiet to unsettled. Stratwarm Alert
        exists Friday.<br><br>Forecast for the next 24 hours
        :<br>Solar activity will be low to moderate. The geomagnetic
        field will be quiet to unsettled.<br><br>Solar Activity
        Forecast :<br>Solar activity is expected to be low to
        moderate for the next three days. Region 9845 is a
        possible source for isolated M-class
        is expected to be mainly quiet to unsettled, until
        the onset of high speed stream effects from a
        recurrent coronal hole begin to develop by day three of the
        forecast period. Isolated active conditions are
        anticipated thereafter.<br><br>Recent significant solar flare
        activity :<br>None