The inconsistent sun

  • David <b1blancer1@earthlink.net>
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 17, 2003
      NASA Science News for January 17, 2003

      If you thought the sun was an unwavering beacon, you're wrong. Its
      brightness varies--only by a small amount, but perhaps enough to
      influence Earth's climate. An experiment called SOLCON on board
      shuttle mission STS-107 is monitoring the sun's brightness high above
      Earth's cloudy atmosphere. Researchers say it's crucial data for
      studies of climate change.

      FULL STORY at
      http://science.nasa.gov/headlines/y2003/17jan_solcon.htm?list161332
    • Mike Doran <mike@usinter.net>
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 17, 2003
        http://www.lomborg.com/files/Danish%20scientists%20reply%20to%
        20Scientific%20American.pdf

        Comment:

        It doesn't get any better than this.

        Yes Gamma rays cause cloud cover change. Indeed the sun itself, along
        with space, offers a picture of great chaotic inputs into climate.
        For instance:

        Your link, David.

        You see, the problem not addressed here is how does the biosphere
        deal with this added chaotic inputs--which are electrical (gamma rays
        increase proton concentrations on the ground and that electrical
        potential I lectured Vort on earlier today) (the sun's lumenousity
        AND EMF behavior varies).

        Indeed, CO2 IS critical in the EMF dynamic--how it is modulated.
        Metaphorically, it is like the difference between turning the heat
        down and taking an aspirin--when the issue is your body temperature
        with a fever.

        It's all electrical and biological, baby.

        --- In methanehydrateclub@yahoogroups.com, "David <b1blancer1@e...>"