[Methane Hydrate Club] Re: El Nino causes heavy rains in Florida

  • fredwx1 <fredwx1@yahoo.com>
    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 18, 2002
      Well Hold on then:

      HAZARDOUS WEATHER OUTLOOK
      NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE LOS ANGELES/OXNARD CA

      600 AM PST WED DEC 18 2002

      THIS HAZARDOUS WEATHER OUTLOOK IS FOR SOUTHWESTERN CALIFORNIA.

      .DAY ONE...

      A FEW LINGERING SHOWERS WILL CONTINUE OVER THE CENTRAL COAST AND OVER
      THE MOUNTAINS. SNOW LEVEL WILL BE NEAR 4000 FEET. HIGH SURF WILL
      CONTINUE AT THE BEACHES WHERE 10 FOOT SETS WILL BE COMMON AND 13 FOOT
      SETS POSSIBLE.

      * HIGH SURF ADVISORY.........SEE FZUS76 KLOX - MWSLOX FOR DETAILS *

      .DAYS TWO THROUGH SEVEN...

      A STRONG STORM WILL ARRIVE THURSDAY AFTERNOON AND LAST INTO FRIDAY
      MORNING. THERE WILL BE STRONG WINDS AND LOW SNOW LEVELS WITH THIS
      SYSTEM. ANOTHER STORM WILL ARRIVE LATE SATURDAY AND LAST INTO SUNDAY.

      * SPECIAL WEATHER STATEMENT..SEE WWUS86 KLOX - SPSLOX FOR DETAILS *

      .SPOTTER INFORMATION STATEMENT...

      WEATHER SPOTTERS ARE ENCOURAGED TO REPORT SIGNIFICANT WEATHER
      CONDITIONS ACCORDING TO STANDARD OPERATING PROCEDURES.

      $$

      SPECIAL WEATHER STATEMENT
      NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE LOS ANGELES/OXNARD CA

      5 AM PST WED DEC 18 2002

      ...ANOTHER MAJOR STORM TO AFFECT SOUTHERN AND CENTRAL CALIFORNIA
      ON THURSDAY AND THURSDAY NIGHT...

      A STRONG COLD FRONT WILL BRING ANOTHER ROUND OF HEAVY RAIN AND STRONG
      WINDS TO LOWER ELEVATIONS...AND WINTER WEATHER CONDITIONS TO THE
      MOUNTAINS THURSDAY AFTERNOON AND NIGHT. RAIN IS EXPECTED TO BEGIN
      ACROSS THE CENTRAL COAST MIDDAY THURSDAY...AND THEN SPREAD TO THE LOS
      ANGELES BASIN THURSDAY EVENING. RAIN IS EXPECTED TO BE HEAVY AT
      TIMES...ALONG WITH THE POSSIBILITY OF THUNDERSTORMS.

      PRELIMINARY RAINFALL AMOUNTS ARE EXPECTED TO RANGE BETWEEN ONE
      AND TWO INCHES ACROSS COASTAL AND VALLEY AREAS...WITH LOCAL THREE
      INCH AMOUNTS ACROSS OROGRAPHICALLY FAVORED AREAS...SUCH AS THE SANTA
      BARBARA COUNTY SOUTH COAST. FOOTHILL AND MOUNTAIN AREAS ARE EXPECTED
      TO RECEIVE TWO TO FOUR INCHES...WITH LOCAL AMOUNTS OVER 5 INCHES
      POSSIBLE ACROSS SOUTH FACING SLOPES...SUCH AS THE SANTA YNEZ RANGE.

      THIS ENERGETIC STORM SYSTEM IS EXPECTED TO BRING STRONG SOUTH
      TO SOUTHEAST WINDS AHEAD OF THE COLD FRONT. WIND ADVISORIES WILL
      LIKELY BE POSTED WITH THIS EVENT...ESPECIALLY ACROSS SAN LUIS OBISPO
      AND SANTA BARBARA COUNTIES...WHERE WIND GUSTS OF 40 TO 50 MPH WILL
      BE POSSIBLE. THE MOUNTAINS MAY REACH HIGH WIND WARNING THRESHOLDS...
      WHERE WIND GUSTS OF 60 TO 70 MPH WILL BE POSSIBLE.

      THE COMBINATION OF HEAVY SNOW AND STRONG WINDS WILL CREATE THE
      POTENTIAL FOR THE FIRST MAJOR WINTER STORM IN THE MOUNTAINS...
      WHERE A WINTER STORM WATCH WILL LIKELY NEED TO BE ISSUED. THE
      SNOW LEVEL IS EXPECTED TO START OUT AT 6000 FEET ON THURSDAY...
      THEN LOWER TO AROUND 5500 FEET THURSDAY NIGHT. PRELIMINARY SNOWFALL
      AMOUNTS ARE GENERALLY EXPECTED TO RANGE BETWEEN 12 AND 18 INCHES...
      BUT ELEVATIONS ABOVE 8000 FEET COULD EASILY ACCUMULATE OVER 24 INCHES.

      PLEASE STAY TUNED TO THE LATEST NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE
      FORECASTS AND STATEMENTS ON THIS DEVELOPING WINTER STORM.

      $$

      RORKE

      --- In methanehydrateclub@yahoogroups.com, "mike" <mike@u...> wrote:
      > In Northern Cal we are supposed to get average to below average
      rain--the
      > storm you mention hit us here in Northern California-NOT S. Cal or
      the
      > SOUTHWEST where they are supposed to get off the chart rain. What
      you
      > are saying is flat wrong.

      Florida

      href="http://www.weather.com/newscenter/topstories/021216westernstorm.

      tml">http://www.weather.com/newscenter/topstories/021216westernstorm.h
      > > ml</a><BR>
      > > <BR>
      > > --- In methanehydrateclub@yahoogroups.com, "Mike Doran
      > > mike@u..." <BR>
      > > mike@u... wrote:<BR>
      > > > I would rather say that the Gaia healthy GOM combined w/
      some good
      > > <BR>
      > > > solar activity has caused some rain there.<BR>
      > > > <BR>
      > > > Here in California it remains fairly dry, especially for a
      so <BR>
      > > called <BR>
      > > > warm event.<BR>
      > > > <BR>
      > > > The GOC continues to be VERY Gaia poor.<BR>
      > > > <BR>
      > > > Consistant with this lull in CME/flaring forecast the SOI
      dipped
      > > <BR>
      > > down <BR>
      > > > to low neg readings and more interesting BPs in the trop Pac
      began
      > > <BR>
      > > to <BR>
      > > > rise.  The residual winds and currents will keep it neg
      for a
      > > few <BR>
      > > > days but if the pattern continues watch for a positive
      > > swing.  The <BR>
      > > > lastest SSTs also show a weird yellow band in the red where
      El