  • David <b1blancer1@earthlink.net>
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 12, 2002
      All is pretty quiet tonight. There are only three numbered sunspot
      groups visibiel on the solar disk. I suppose we had better get used
      to the lower sunspot activity. It will continue to decline for
      several years before ramping up for the next peak. One of the sunspot
      regions, region 220, looks like it at least has the possibility to
      muster the wherewithall to kick off a low level M-class flare, and has
      in fact managed to generate one, which occurred on the 10th. There is
      a small coronal hole visible. We should see some effects from it on
      the 14th.

      IMF Orientation : 2.2 nT North

      Solar activity is expected to be low. A small M-class flare is still a
      possibility in Region 220, or perhaps in one of the new regions on the
      east limb (223 or 224).

      Geomagnetic activity forecast :
      Solar activity is expected to be low. A small M-class flare is still a
      possibility in Region 220, or perhaps in one of the new regions on the
      east limb (223 or 224).

      Recent significant solar flare actvity :
      10-Dec-2002 1226Z M1.1