Re: [Methane Hydrate Club] Wind orientation and SOI--strong solar activity causes general cirrus enhancement

  • foryeshua1@juno.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 11, 2002
      Mike, let me go through and ask a few simple questions please.

      On Tue, 10 Dec 2002 06:51:14 -0000 "Mike Doran <mike@...>"
      <mike@...> writes:
      Think of the earth as a giant magnet. But don't get north and south
      confused--it is easy to do when you try to apply Fleming's laws or if
      you are more advanced--Maxwell's. I will assume few readers can track
      with vector calculus.
      Mike-- No I can't, but why would I need to determine vectors? I
      assume these are angles from set or possibly Geological North axis lines.
      Walter
      Say you are in the woods. You have a bar magnet called a compass. It
      points you north, or more correctly, it points you towards eastern
      Canada.
      Mike, The last time I considered it (Magnetic North)it was going toward
      the North ice cap and was about two days away from going under it. I was
      contemplating that it might make a difference in the lines of force
      available to drive compasses if it was covered by an insulator. Evidently
      it did not make much difference.

      The magnetic north pole is hardly fixed, on the geographic
      north pole or otherwise and it can move 40 kms in a day! So, there
      you are, looking at your magnet and it points in the direction of
      north. Your compass is a bar magnet that indeed has a north pole--
      that points north.
      Mike, I do not know what shift you are talking about when you talk about
      shifting from North to South. Is it an air stream? and if so how high is
      it. or Where is it?

      Since opposites attract--it means the north pole is a SOUTH pole!!!!
      Otherwise your compass would point south. Get it?

      Alright. The past weekend the solar wind moved northward.

      Mike, OK where is this solar wind and where does it go to when it shifts
      from North to South. Does it move toward earth from the Sun and shifts
      to hit the earth in a more North or south spot which it then takes to go
      toward that pole?
      It remained
      elevated as it has been the past couple weeks, but it moved from a
      southerly orientation to a more northerly. When it was southerly
      there were some northern lights dancing in the sky, but they have
      subsisted with the change. The SOI was likewise strongly negative,

      Mike, What is this SOI and where is it moving or positioned? and why
      should it be stronger negative when the Solar Wind is also going
      Southerly? Walter

      and even though the solar wind remained strong, now the SOI is
      substantially less negative. What happened?

      The earth's EMF became distorted with the southern directed wind
      where positive ions raced strongly toward a negative pole--the south
      pole.

      Mike, EMF? What and where is it? and why shouldn't it always race to a
      negative charged pole?

      Now the strong positive charges are moving to the positively
      charged north--and the SOI dropped.

      Mike, OK WHY did it shift? And what if anything
      could the SOI have to do with it. Is it driven by the SOI or does it
      drive the SOI? Walter

      It's all electrical, baby.

      Mike, You know I believe it is all electrical, but if we don't know
      where the current is coming from and why, we will not be able to change
      or intervene, or benefit the situation until we can. Interventions I have
      already done are predicated upon this kind of reasoning. When you
      predict a change for a given action and it happens, it is pretty strong
      proof that the reasoning you are using is essentially proven by prima
      facia evidence. This kind of evidence does not need a large group of
      happenings to determine if they are really doing what they are doing.
      Once it happens and you know the changes that brought it about. It is
      PROVEN! Few "scientific" ideas are really established. Gravity and earth
      rotation forces being heavy in this are. byw, I was recently mailed a
      copy of "The hunt for
      Zero Point gravity" by Nick Cook, the Aviation Editor of "Janes Defense
      Weekly" I have tried to contact him in regard to a motor I have plans
      for that runs on magnet energy only, No electricity needed. He has not
      replied.

    • David <b1blancer1@earthlink.net>
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 11, 2002
        > Mike, OK where is this solar wind and where does it go to when it
        shifts
        > from North to South. Does it move toward earth from the Sun and shifts
        > to hit the earth in a more North or south spot which it then takes to go
        > toward that pole?

        I think I can answer this part. The solar wind, which is a stream of
        particles, carries a magnetic field along with it. Please do not ask
        me how that works. I have no idea. Anyway, think of the solar wind
        as a bunch of tiny bar magnets flying towards earth. Now, here's
        where it may get a little confusing. The Earth's magnetic NORTH pole
        is actually at the SOUTH geographic pole, as Mike said. So, if the
        tiny little bar magnets of the solar wind strike Earth's magnetic
        field with their NORTH pole pointing towards Earth's NORTH MAGNETIC
        pole, which is actually the SOUTH geographic pole, they will have the
        same alignment as Earth's magnetic field, and have the effect of
        reinforcing it. This will enhance Earth's protection against the
        solar wind, and therefore supress geomagnetic activity.

        However, if the solar wind arrives with its NORTH pole pointing
        towards the Earth's SOUTH maagnetic pole, which is at the NORTH
        geographic pole, they will be aligned OPPOSITE to Earth's magnetic
        field. This will have the effect of weakening the magnetic field, and
        allow the solar wind to penetrate deeper into the magnetic field.
        What happens then is that you have electrons accelerated down Earth's
        magnetic field lines, which come crashing down at the poles. This
        causes geomagnetic storm activity, and aurora.

        The north or south pointing orientation can vary in intensity, and is
        measured in nano-Telsas.

        Now, Those little solar wind magnets move around through three
        dimensions, and can arrive end-on, or perpendicular to Earth's
        magnetic field lines (therefore having no effect), or exactly aligned
        with Earth's magnetic field lines, or an infite number of orientations
        in between. There's a fairly complicated formula that is used to
        calculate the net effect on Earth's magnetic field depending on the
        exact three-dimensional magnetic orientation of the solar wind, and
        the output of that formula is the IMF Orientation that you see in my
        solar activity reports.

        There, clear as concrete?
      • Mike Doran <mike@usinter.net>
        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 11, 2002
          Great way of talking about it there, David.

          I notice with tonight's SOI (southern oscillation index) (think ENSO
          winds, not SSTs) is around 12 and slowly dropping but more of
          interest BOTH East and West in the trop Pac the BP rose . . . with
          the lowered solar activity.

          --- In methanehydrateclub@yahoogroups.com, "David <b1blancer1@e...>"