Re: El Nino causes heavy rains in Florida

  • Mike Doran <mike@usinter.net>
    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 10, 2002
      I would rather say that the Gaia healthy GOM combined w/ some good
      solar activity has caused some rain there.

      Here in California it remains fairly dry, especially for a so called
      warm event.

      The GOC continues to be VERY Gaia poor.

      Consistant with this lull in CME/flaring forecast the SOI dipped down
      to low neg readings and more interesting BPs in the trop Pac began to
      rise. The residual winds and currents will keep it neg for a few
      days but if the pattern continues watch for a positive swing. The
      lastest SSTs also show a weird yellow band in the red where El Nino
      should be, again indicating that there is something extra electrical
      going on with the Doran waves . . .

      Anyone who has studied ENSO will agree that a dry or normal dry SW is
      completely inconsistant with the event.

      And its because climate is alive.

      --- In methanehydrateclub@yahoogroups.com, "fredwx1 <fredwx1@y...>"

    • fredwx1 <fredwx1@yahoo.com>
      Message 2 of 6 , Dec 17, 2002
        <Here in California it remains fairly dry, especially for a so called
        > warm event.>

        Not any more:

        http://www.weather.com/newscenter/topstories/021216westernstorm.html

        --- In methanehydrateclub@yahoogroups.com, "Mike Doran <mike@u...>"
        <mike@u...> wrote:
        > I would rather say that the Gaia healthy GOM combined w/ some good
        > solar activity has caused some rain there.
        >
        > Here in California it remains fairly dry, especially for a so
        called
        > warm event.
        >
        > The GOC continues to be VERY Gaia poor.
        >
        > Consistant with this lull in CME/flaring forecast the SOI dipped
        down
        > to low neg readings and more interesting BPs in the trop Pac began
        > rise. The residual winds and currents will keep it neg for a few
        > days but if the pattern continues watch for a positive swing. The
        > lastest SSTs also show a weird yellow band in the red where El Nino
        > should be, again indicating that there is something extra
        electrical
        > going on with the Doran waves . . .
        >
        > Anyone who has studied ENSO will agree that a dry or normal dry SW
        is
        > completely inconsistant with the event.
        >
        > And its because climate is alive.
        >

        > --- In methanehydrateclub@yahoogroups.com, "fredwx1 <fredwx1@y...>"
        > <fredwx1@y...> wrote:
        > >
        > > We have received over 4 inches of rain in the past 36hrs and over
        6
        > > inches this month (normally the dry season). I suspect the El
        Nino
        > is
        > > making itself felt.
      • mike
        Message 3 of 6 , Dec 17, 2002
          In Northern Cal we are supposed to get average to below average rain--the
          storm you mention hit us here in Northern California-NOT S. Cal or the
          SOUTHWEST where they are supposed to get off the chart rain. What you
          are saying is flat wrong.

        • fredwx1 <fredwx1@yahoo.com>
          Message 4 of 6 , Dec 18, 2002
            Well Hold on then:

            HAZARDOUS WEATHER OUTLOOK
            NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE LOS ANGELES/OXNARD CA

            600 AM PST WED DEC 18 2002

            THIS HAZARDOUS WEATHER OUTLOOK IS FOR SOUTHWESTERN CALIFORNIA.

            .DAY ONE...

            A FEW LINGERING SHOWERS WILL CONTINUE OVER THE CENTRAL COAST AND OVER
            THE MOUNTAINS. SNOW LEVEL WILL BE NEAR 4000 FEET. HIGH SURF WILL
            CONTINUE AT THE BEACHES WHERE 10 FOOT SETS WILL BE COMMON AND 13 FOOT
            SETS POSSIBLE.

            * HIGH SURF ADVISORY.........SEE FZUS76 KLOX - MWSLOX FOR DETAILS *

            .DAYS TWO THROUGH SEVEN...

            A STRONG STORM WILL ARRIVE THURSDAY AFTERNOON AND LAST INTO FRIDAY
            MORNING. THERE WILL BE STRONG WINDS AND LOW SNOW LEVELS WITH THIS
            SYSTEM. ANOTHER STORM WILL ARRIVE LATE SATURDAY AND LAST INTO SUNDAY.

            * SPECIAL WEATHER STATEMENT..SEE WWUS86 KLOX - SPSLOX FOR DETAILS *

            .SPOTTER INFORMATION STATEMENT...

            WEATHER SPOTTERS ARE ENCOURAGED TO REPORT SIGNIFICANT WEATHER
            CONDITIONS ACCORDING TO STANDARD OPERATING PROCEDURES.

            $$

            SPECIAL WEATHER STATEMENT
            NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE LOS ANGELES/OXNARD CA

            5 AM PST WED DEC 18 2002

            ...ANOTHER MAJOR STORM TO AFFECT SOUTHERN AND CENTRAL CALIFORNIA
            ON THURSDAY AND THURSDAY NIGHT...

            A STRONG COLD FRONT WILL BRING ANOTHER ROUND OF HEAVY RAIN AND STRONG
            WINDS TO LOWER ELEVATIONS...AND WINTER WEATHER CONDITIONS TO THE
            MOUNTAINS THURSDAY AFTERNOON AND NIGHT. RAIN IS EXPECTED TO BEGIN
            ACROSS THE CENTRAL COAST MIDDAY THURSDAY...AND THEN SPREAD TO THE LOS
            ANGELES BASIN THURSDAY EVENING. RAIN IS EXPECTED TO BE HEAVY AT
            TIMES...ALONG WITH THE POSSIBILITY OF THUNDERSTORMS.

            PRELIMINARY RAINFALL AMOUNTS ARE EXPECTED TO RANGE BETWEEN ONE
            AND TWO INCHES ACROSS COASTAL AND VALLEY AREAS...WITH LOCAL THREE
            INCH AMOUNTS ACROSS OROGRAPHICALLY FAVORED AREAS...SUCH AS THE SANTA
            BARBARA COUNTY SOUTH COAST. FOOTHILL AND MOUNTAIN AREAS ARE EXPECTED
            TO RECEIVE TWO TO FOUR INCHES...WITH LOCAL AMOUNTS OVER 5 INCHES
            POSSIBLE ACROSS SOUTH FACING SLOPES...SUCH AS THE SANTA YNEZ RANGE.

            THIS ENERGETIC STORM SYSTEM IS EXPECTED TO BRING STRONG SOUTH
            TO SOUTHEAST WINDS AHEAD OF THE COLD FRONT. WIND ADVISORIES WILL
            LIKELY BE POSTED WITH THIS EVENT...ESPECIALLY ACROSS SAN LUIS OBISPO
            AND SANTA BARBARA COUNTIES...WHERE WIND GUSTS OF 40 TO 50 MPH WILL
            BE POSSIBLE. THE MOUNTAINS MAY REACH HIGH WIND WARNING THRESHOLDS...
            WHERE WIND GUSTS OF 60 TO 70 MPH WILL BE POSSIBLE.

            THE COMBINATION OF HEAVY SNOW AND STRONG WINDS WILL CREATE THE
            POTENTIAL FOR THE FIRST MAJOR WINTER STORM IN THE MOUNTAINS...
            WHERE A WINTER STORM WATCH WILL LIKELY NEED TO BE ISSUED. THE
            SNOW LEVEL IS EXPECTED TO START OUT AT 6000 FEET ON THURSDAY...
            THEN LOWER TO AROUND 5500 FEET THURSDAY NIGHT. PRELIMINARY SNOWFALL
            AMOUNTS ARE GENERALLY EXPECTED TO RANGE BETWEEN 12 AND 18 INCHES...
            BUT ELEVATIONS ABOVE 8000 FEET COULD EASILY ACCUMULATE OVER 24 INCHES.

            PLEASE STAY TUNED TO THE LATEST NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE
            FORECASTS AND STATEMENTS ON THIS DEVELOPING WINTER STORM.

            $$

            RORKE

            --- In methanehydrateclub@yahoogroups.com, "mike" <mike@u...> wrote:
            > In Northern Cal we are supposed to get average to below average
            rain--the
            > storm you mention hit us here in Northern California-NOT S. Cal or
            the
            > SOUTHWEST where they are supposed to get off the chart rain. What
            you
            > are saying is flat wrong.

            Florida