June sat data out

  • Pawnfart
    Message 1 of 702 , Jul 15 11:46 PM
      At my page on one link--
      predicted would end in late June or early July may have
      occurred even earlier than that--given the small flaring
      event. It will be interesting to see June data to see if
      the shift of the climate from the China dam activity
      made a cooling move a bit earlier this
      and it would appear that this indeed is the case.
      Last year Redding had a very warm June and then July
      it cooled down, and you can see from the trop
      anomalies this occurred. My message is that you can see
      from the strat anomalies where cirrus activity kept
      the heat on the oceans. <br><br>Perhaps the most
      interesting comment that can be made is the very heavy cirrus
      activity on the western moving currents of the Alaska
      gyre, as delayed sed rates from the Yangtze delta
      region finally have brought methanogen activity and
      there is still seasonal winds there moving surface
      currents that might be enhanced. The delated sed and flow
      rates, again, I have suggested is the cause of your open
      patches of Arctic ice . . . <br><br>It also should be
      pointed out that with the West African dams, delayed sed
      and flow rates would be expected to show up now
      causing anomaly warming, and near Cape Verde islands and
      moving counter clockwise with the counter currents, the
      Gulf counter gyre at depths, above there are strato
      anomalies indicating cirrus warming underneath. This is
      your early Cape Verde storm maker, or your Alberto II
      I talked about in my April forecast and again
      recently, incorporating low Great Lake levels now into the
      analysis (you also can see hints of that condition on
      methane hydrate activity in the temperature data link
      above). I would point out there were also cold strato
      anomalies in May in the part of the Gulf where the energies
      of Allison spawned. <br><br>I think it is very fair
      to say that we will see a shifted season, especially
      below Cuba, with the exception of this Alberto II storm
      a brewing. I know there is right now a strong wave
      in the area but I would give it another 15 days,
      even w/ the El Nino flaring warming we had in the
      spring. <br><br>Also should point out that from the
      latest SST anomaly chart it is looking more and more
      exactly like the SST anomalies the months before Mitch. I
      continue to call for another Mitch II. Vary dangerous:
      Message 702 of 702 , Mar 1, 2002
        On Feb 28th, the Interplanetary Magnetic Field
        swung to a strong south-pointing orientation. That,
        coupled with an elevated solar wind speed and density,
        triggered a G-1 class geomagnetic storm. The result was
        some high latitude aurora. See this link for a
        photgraph of aurora observed over Quebec :
        namely 9839, 9842, and 9845, that appear to be capable
        of producing M-class flares. Regions 9839 and 9842
        are close to rotating out of view over the western
        limb of the solar disk. Sunspot region 9845, however,
        is close to the sun's central meridian. A rather
        large coronal hole is also approaching the sun's
        central meridian, and coming into an Earth-pointing
        position. High speed colar wind gusts are likely around the
        first of next week.<br><br>The current solar and
        geomagnetic conditions are :<br><br>NOAA sunspot number :
        wind speed : 372.3 km/sec<br>Solar wind density : 4.4
        the last 24 hours : <br>Solar activity was low. The
        geomagnetic field was quiet to unsettled. Stratwarm Alert
        exists Friday.<br><br>Forecast for the next 24 hours
        :<br>Solar activity will be low to moderate. The geomagnetic
        field will be quiet to unsettled.<br><br>Solar Activity
        Forecast :<br>Solar activity is expected to be low to
        moderate for the next three days. Region 9845 is a
        possible source for isolated M-class
        is expected to be mainly quiet to unsettled, until
        the onset of high speed stream effects from a
        recurrent coronal hole begin to develop by day three of the
        forecast period. Isolated active conditions are
        anticipated thereafter.<br><br>Recent significant solar flare
        activity :<br>None