Re: [Methane Hydrate Club] Gaia news alert

    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 8, 2002
      Walt,

      I have to agree with David and would take it a step further and say
      that Gaia expresses this in the symbiotic relationships between the
      Sulfur loving Archae and the other Archae as seen in their genes.

      --- In methanehydrateclub@y..., "David" <b1blancer1@e...> wrote:
      > --- In methanehydrateclub@y..., foryeshua1@j... wrote:
      > > One thing that has received some news but not nearly enough about
      > this
      > > dam is that there is at least one major fault line running right
      > through
      > > it. I have suggested that putting into place the North and South
      > > geologically centered poles, which could be used to control the
      > rotation
      > > speed of the earth to keep the plates from shifting at all, by
      > stopping
      > > moment and stopping all subducting which causes volcano eruptions.
      > There
      > > is some evidence that there may be some steps being taken toward
      > putting
      > > them in place. I hope that this is shown to be so. Walter
      > >

      > I still don't go for the solar-electric jet idea, because it runs
      > completely counter to what is known about solar physics. However,
      > even if I did, and even if it were possible to do so, I would
      > adamantly opposed to altering Earth's natural rotation and plate
      > tectonics. Volcanos are absolutely vital to life. They recycle
      > minerals from the ocean floor back to the surface, and they
      replinish
      > the atmosphere from the loss of gas into space by the solar wind.
      If

    • foryeshua1@juno.com
      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 10, 2002
        David, It seems to me that volcanoes do not bring usable iron to the
        surface. In Oregon we have many lava fields which do not have usable
        anything. Lava in almost any form other than dust, (which does work
        some) is so hard that it will have to go through a lot of work before it
        is broken down to usable form.
        The slowing down of the earth due to freezing at the poles is
        basic to bringing the shifting of the poles. You can think of some things
        that might be good about that, but right now I can only think of some
        very bad things.
        I might list some good things that controlling the rotation speed
        of the earth would do. But it doesn't sound like you are interested.
        In my opinion if God has shown us how to do something, it just
        might be possible that He wants us to use it. Of course anything can be
        used for good or bad. Often both are the result.
        Choosing to do nothing because one might feel like he is playing
        God is like not wiping your nose because its natural to drip. Choosing
        to listen to those that think that what is, is what God wants, is not
        logical. We are charged to tend the earth.
        Btw how is the SE theory not in sink with present Solar theory?
        Mars is without volcanos because its plates have not shifted,
        because its shape has not changed, because its rate of rotation has not
        changed, because its poles have not shifted to new spots of rotation,
        because no water has frozen on its poles to get in the way of its SE
        conductivity, because there is not enough water on Mars. Why it lost its
        water I haven't figured out yet. Possibly some passing body, or maybe it
        was pulled someway too close to the Sun. Walter

        Message 3 of 5 , Nov 11, 2002
          > I might list some good things that controlling the rotation speed
          > of the earth would do. But it doesn't sound like you are interested.

          Its not that, Walter. I simply don't think its possible to do so.

          > Btw how is the SE theory not in sink with present Solar theory?

          Because there has been no evidence of anything like you decribe the SE
          to be found. The sun does have a magnetic field, that is true, but it
          works much differently thatn Earrth's, and is generated in a much
          different way.

          > Mars is without volcanos because its plates have not shifted,
          > because its shape has not changed, because its rate of rotation has
          > not
          > changed, because its poles have not shifted to new spots of rotation,
          > because no water has frozen on its poles to get in the way of its SE
          > conductivity, because there is not enough water on Mars. Why it
          >lost its
          > water I haven't figured out yet.

          Mars' poles are definitely frozen! Its mostly frozen CO2, but there
          may be some frosen water there, too. Mars lost its volcanos because
          there's no geothermal heat to drive them. Its outer core has cooled
          and solidified. It is also known that Mars has no magnetic field.
          When the volcanos on Mars died out, there was nothing to replenish gas
          in the atmosphere. Without the protection of a magnetic field, the
          atmosphere was slowly and relentlessly eaten away by the solar wind,
          and since Mars has less gravity by virtue of being smaller, it was
          less able to try and hold onto that atmosphere. There may be vast
          quantitues of water on Mars underground. The jury is still out on
          that one. Mars does still have an atmosphere, although not much of
          one. Its about 1/100 the density of Earth's. Still, that's enough to
          cause some interesting weather there, including global dust storms,
          clouds (including water ice clouds), and even a visible blue sky
          sometimes, as evidenced by pictures returned by Pathfinder.