First Strike Activity of Our Rainy Season Here in Cali

    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 7, 2002
      Check out the strike link:

      http://www.weatherimages.org/data/imag87.html

      One of the wettest places in the United States is a small coastal
      strip where the Redwoods grow in NW California/Oregon.

      And folks--it hasn't rained here since spring. Yesterday we were
      supposed to get rain but it came last night. The 'ambiant' winds
      certainly cause upper atmospheric distrubances this time of year--BUT
      how much is EMF related--how much is Gaia?

      If you look at the strike cloud link, two things pop out. First,
      these are the first strikes in the Pacific we have seen in . . .
      oh . . . 8 months. My view is that the jet can push ion
      concentrations and create the EMF instability that both makes strikes
      possible and for the cirrus cloud dynamic to change and support
      convection, precipitation.

      Second, the Gulf of California, or Sea of Cortez, continues to be
      Gaia poor and VERY fair weather. Incredibly fair weather. This sets
      up a nice contrast for the convective areas to pivot around the fair
      weather, from an EMF standpoint. We saw a pattern where the sub
      tropical jet was combining with movements of the mid lat jet SE and
      taking storms like Kenna to Texas. In those instances, the GOM was
      very Gaia healthy contrasting the fair weather, poor health of the
      GOC/SOC. Now, the late fall--spring pattern is setting in. And once
      again the poor Gaia health is enhancing the activity in the NW with
      this storm, and the ONLY strike activity seen on the whole map is
      over coastal waters in the NW.

      The rest of the nation is remarkably fair weather. Now, this fair
      weather conditions are interesting not just because of ambiant winds
      but because of the solar wind conditions. They are elevated. The
      SOI is positive, and has been for two weeks, really, and even the 30
      day is approaching zero and should reach it today. The 90 day
      remains slightly negative at about -8. SSTs are slightly warm
      anomaly in the equatorial Pacific, but unlike a warm phase of ENSO
      are and have been cold anomaly in the coastal SW Pacific. To me,
      this shows how Gaia poor this region is, and how the biosphere trumps
      even solar conditions that would support a warm event. Down under
      has experienced the SOI just like a warm event--but not so here in
      the United States.

      Now, from an EMF standpoint, to have a wind reversal is remarkable
      when SSTs are warm anomaly. That is because this shift in wind thus
      occurs in the context of a much more conductive ocean. That means
      that the induction AGAINST cirrus in the warmest, most conductive
      waters of the Pacific and impedance for low frequancy ion movements
      is very strong there. We are talking very strong fair weather
      voltages.

      And I think this is reflected in how most of the United States is
      fair weather right now. While this kind of thing is going to support
      strong Doran waves, it also supports a quick flip flop back to La
      Nina or nuetral SSTs. And while we are in the midst of a strong
      earth directed CME (high proton space weather around 600) overall the
      forecast for the flaring/sun spot cycle is that we are on the down
      turn from the double peak. That means that if there continues to be
      a positive SOI you can almost be certain that a dry pattern will set
      in for the US, and we will have a colder winter.

      This pattern may be punctuated by severe weather because when we do
      have reversals of the SOI you are going to have back and forth
      movements of EMFs that lead to fairly strong IR instabilities under
      cirrus clouds. It is going to be a fun winter to watch.